[SOLVED] Futureproofing with MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Jan 3, 2019
Hi!

I’m planning on my new Ryzen build.

CPU: - AMD Ryzen 5 2600, AM4, 3.4 GHz, 6-core (with Wraith Stealth fan)
OR AMD Ryzen 2600X, AM4, 3.6 GHz, 6-core (with Wraith Spire fan)
GPU: - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 GAMING, 8GB GDDR5
MB: - MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
RAM: - G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB), Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16
SSD: - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD, M.2, NVMe
HDD:- Western Digital 1TB WD Blue, 3.5", SATA III, 7200rpm, 64MB

Does this sound realistic?

Cheers!

Solution
I'd pick the RX 590 since that is the latest on the block but if I had to be picky I'd pick something like a GTX1060 or an RTX2070 from Nvidia because it's more power efficient.

We can't say much about the latter tech being used on older hardware(board) as was the case with Intel's 9000 series processors making Z370 entry level boards cry in shame or literally dyeing due to failed VRM's. Then you have the Ryzen 2's drawing more power than the Ryzen 1st Generation processor which is why people were suggested to look for beefy heatsinked VRM's on the board+good VRM quality to ensure they didn't suffer when migrating from Ryzen (I) to Ryzen(II).

As of now, the build is good!

Lutfij

Titan
I'd pick the RX 590 since that is the latest on the block but if I had to be picky I'd pick something like a GTX1060 or an RTX2070 from Nvidia because it's more power efficient.

We can't say much about the latter tech being used on older hardware(board) as was the case with Intel's 9000 series processors making Z370 entry level boards cry in shame or literally dyeing due to failed VRM's. Then you have the Ryzen 2's drawing more power than the Ryzen 1st Generation processor which is why people were suggested to look for beefy heatsinked VRM's on the board+good VRM quality to ensure they didn't suffer when migrating from Ryzen (I) to Ryzen(II).

As of now, the build is good!

Solution