Fuzzy/Blurry text in games.

peter

I usually get this problem with games on my xbox. Not allways, but when
there is text on screen. Not large, but more like the speed and all that in
a racing game, or like the objectives of a mission, so normal sized text. I
am using the cable that came with the xbox, composite. I see this problem
mostly ingame. but on some games its sometimes in some of the menu's. The
fuzzynness/blurryness makes it hard to read the text, is there anyway I can
get better quality text. Switch connections? like to s-video?

Peter <peter.kopala@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I usually get this problem with games on my xbox. Not allways, but when
>there is text on screen. Not large, but more like the speed and all that in
>a racing game, or like the objectives of a mission, so normal sized text. I
>am using the cable that came with the xbox, composite. I see this problem
>mostly ingame. but on some games its sometimes in some of the menu's. The
>fuzzynness/blurryness makes it hard to read the text, is there anyway I can
>get better quality text. Switch connections? like to s-video?

Try adjusting your TV's sharpness control, both up and down. It
may be that your TV is over-sharpening the image already, or it may be set
too low. Does broadcast news' text look as blurry?

S-video should be a cleaner connection, yes. But see if it's due
to your TV's settings first before trying another cable.

--
Wiggum: No. We need to find out who it belonged to. We want a DNA test.
DNA guy: Ooh, ooh, ee, ooh, ooh, that takes, uh, eight to ten weeks.

Andrew Ryan Chang wrote:
> S-video should be a cleaner connection, yes. But see if it's due
> to your TV's settings first before trying another cable.

That's of course a sensible thing to do as the first step. But the
symptoms sound just like the classic problem associated with the
composite cable: low signal quality resulting in an unsharp image (fuzzy
colours).

It's definitely worth getting a better quality cable. RGB (or component)
would be even better, but the end result depends also on your TV set. On
some sets S-video can even be the best option (if your TV has poor RGB
input, causing the picture to show up too dark, for example).

Tuomas

peter

Thanks guys. I'm going to try out what you suggested, and keep you
posted on the problem. And I'll check broadcast news text too and compare
with the ingame text.

peter

Turns out the sharpness was infact too high. It was all the way at the end,
i evened it out, and now ingame text is clear and i can actually read it
now, and I also noticed smoother edges of objects on screen after
re-adjusting the sharpness.

Thanks.