FX-4100 and FX-6100....

You'll be fine, although I just noticed that those Futuremark recommendations are strange.

My system doesn't meet it's "supposed" recommended spec for BF3 (my GTX 560 is apparently not enough), yet I can max it out at my res (1280x1024). I'm guessing the scores that those recommendations are based on are based on higher resolutions.

mubin

Distinguished

It is very fine combination. Just get a good chip mobo. SO that you can upgrade to piledrive cpu later if you wish.

Smeg45

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Asrock is horrific quality. Avoid. Their boards are paperweights. Last one I used died in less than six months and was half the weight of its Asus replacement. Go for a 965 + Asus M5A97. Come Christmas, you can stick in Piledriver if its released by then. You also don't need the 990 Chipset if you won't be crossfiring/SLI. Waste of cash.

ASRock is just fine, and you DO know that ASRock was a subsidiary of Asus at one point, right? The quality is damn near the same, ie. good.

xBUNx

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

Well do you have a MB that you would be able to look at? If sooo...link me please! :D

You're doing something wrong if you think ASRock has horrific quality.

mubin

Distinguished

Maybe you got a faulty board.

I got a faulty Sapphire graphic card. I got error just after buy. But that dosent mean sapphire is a bad brand. After replacing, new sapphire gfx is doing good and i am happy with it.

Just cool down. Sometimes there is bad luck and you got a bad mobo. In production there will be no 100% efficient product. 97/98%.