Question FX 4100 for video editing?

Jun 20, 2019
Hi! I'm building a cheap pc for video editing. I just want to do basic editting with sony vegas using videos at 720p and 1080p (videos of 10 or 15 minutes). I want to know if a fx 4100 could be te right cpu for that.

Goku Black

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2016
Grab Ryzen. Please. I made the mistake of wasting my money on FX processors and I paid greatly for it with the *-like performance. Get Ryzen. If you can't get it because of motherboard limitations, then sell the motherboard along with the RAM and get a new motherboard with AM4 socket. That is, if you can. If you can't, then try saving up more money, this is just not worth it man. Speaking from experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

InvalidError

Titan
Unfortunately the power supply will also need to be replaced, even a 1050ti will want around 370w recommended
"Recommended" usually needs to be taken with a truckload of salt. My i5-3470 with 32GB of RAM, three HDDs, one SSD, one DVD drive, three case fans, GTX1050 with a bunch of USB peripherals still only draws 220W from my UPS under full load including the main monitor, two USB hubs, a 24-ports network switch, router, modem, VoIP phone adapter and cordless phone base.

Identify your motherboard before you buy a processor.
Many AM+ cheap motherboards are not suitable for a FX 6 or FX 8 processor.
Here is a list for you to check:

TRENDING THREADS