robertp0009

Reputable
May 12, 2017
So I am currently water cooling an AMD Fx4300 (i know its bad im upgrading soon) and I know that the temperature readings are socking for the FX series processors. Currently my fans run at full 1800RPM constantly but I have found an option in my bios to take them down to 500RPM. This speed is controlled by the temperature and so is it safe to run this or not? does the motherboard get a different reading to the one shown in my temperature monitoring software?

Solution
Yes, the Smart fan control is fine to use IF it is a variable speed control that allows it to run slower at lower temperatures and faster at higher temperatures, for the case fans or for the radiator fans.

For the pump, you want that at 100% at all times.

You can TRY taking the other fans down to 500RPM but the chances are good that at high loads you are going to overheat with them that low. So either higher speed setting OR variable speed setting, would be recommended.
Yes, the Smart fan control is fine to use IF it is a variable speed control that allows it to run slower at lower temperatures and faster at higher temperatures, for the case fans or for the radiator fans.

For the pump, you want that at 100% at all times.

You can TRY taking the other fans down to 500RPM but the chances are good that at high loads you are going to overheat with them that low. So either higher speed setting OR variable speed setting, would be recommended.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS