[SOLVED] fx 4300 gtx 980ti

Solution
i have fx 4300 oc to 4.2, dont want to change MB
Depending on motherboard a 125w cpu may be a bad idea. Although many boards claim to support them they often end up throttling the cpu due to weak VRM design. The FX6xxx might help in games that can use more than 4 cores/threads but in games that use 4 or less you won’t see any benefit. Even in the best case the gains are not going to be substantial, it probably comes down to how cheap the cpu is. At this point investing money in what is an obsolete platform is hard to recommend, if you don’t get the gains you want it is wasted money.
Aug 28, 2019
Let's say it that way, you will be able to play every game at 30 fps but changing the graphics to minimum or ultra won't make any bigger difference than 4-5 fps at best. The gpu will still render just as good but the total fps will be lower. To be fair, I had fx 4100 with 1060 which should be slower by a good margin and yet it was a huge bottle-neck.

JakubFindra

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Let's say it that way, you will be able to play every game at 30 fps but changing the graphics to minimum or ultra won't make any bigger difference than 4-5 fps at best. The gpu will still render just as good but the total fps will be lower. To be fair, I had fx 4100 with 1060 which should be slower by a good margin and yet it was a huge bottle-neck.
so better go with fx 6100/6300 hexa and oc it to 4.0/4.2GHz?

i have fx 4300 oc to 4.2, dont want to change MB
Depending on motherboard a 125w cpu may be a bad idea. Although many boards claim to support them they often end up throttling the cpu due to weak VRM design. The FX6xxx might help in games that can use more than 4 cores/threads but in games that use 4 or less you won’t see any benefit. Even in the best case the gains are not going to be substantial, it probably comes down to how cheap the cpu is. At this point investing money in what is an obsolete platform is hard to recommend, if you don’t get the gains you want it is wasted money.

Solution