FX-4300 + Nvidia Geforce GTX 760

I used to be like, 960T! 960T! 960T!, and before that, 550BE!, 550BE!, 550BE!, I can't really remember what I promoted before that.

Kevin Teixeira

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
But are you guys really sure that the FX6300 will run well with the GTX 760? I really want to get that nvidia card because witcher 3 is coming out next year and i can't wait for it :D

Kevin Teixeira

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013

I have the Coolermaster Hyper T4 on my FX4300 but I regret buying it because it blocked my ram on my previous motherboard, I had to buy a 90€ motherboard so I could put my Hyper T4 there, I don't regret buying the motherboard though. I thought it wouldn't block the ram because the video I saw were on an Intel motherboard. I guess I should've bought the Hyper 212 Evo since it fits correctly on AMD motherboards :D

mdocod

Distinguished
FX-6300 OCed to around ~4.8ghz on a decent ~$50 HSF is a pretty good value setup and the UD3P can do it (that's the setup I have, it's a lot of fun to performance tune!). But keep in mind, that when compared 1 thread per piledriver module, vs 1 thread per haswell core, even a stock clocked haswell will still have higher instruction throughput, so many games will still run slightly better on an i5-4570/4440 due to the discrepancy in execution resource consolidation.

That said, doesn't matter what CPU you buy, some games will still bottleneck on the CPU no matter. MMOs and Strategy games are especially bad.

TRENDING THREADS