Dec 28, 2018
Hi,
I Have only an FX-6300 which I wont OC,
rx570,
single sata ssd,
single PCI wireless card (wlan?),
a single ddr3 4gb ram module,
and two 120mm fans + one 120mm more on my CPU heatsink

Is an Evga 430w enough to Power this for a few weeks?

Im upgrading my system and the gpu Is The only New part yet, before march i hope to have already migrated to am4, but i dont have a mobo and ddr4 ram yet.

sorry for typos, I'm on my Phone and it could have changed some words since it's not in english

Solution

This one here is close to your price range.

https://www.kabum.com.br/cgi-local/site/produtos/descricao_ofertas.cgi?codigo=96372

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
I am less sure your OK. The minimum PSU requirement for your GPU is 450W. Your close but it boils down to how much amperage your drawing now. If it were me I would wait until you have a PSU that meets the spec of your GPU. It would stink to fry your rig because you were impatient.

mgallo848

Commendable

I completely disagree.

A quality PSU can be a smart investment. It's one of the very few things that can last 10+ years and be migrated to each new system you build. Buy a low end PSU or one that "barely" meets your current requirements and you'll end up having to buy/replace the one component that if done right the first time you won't have to worry about it for years to come.

richardvday

Honorable
Sep 23, 2017
This is not an intel 9900k, 95 watt CPU hes not overclocking it 150watts for the psu leaves 190 watts for hdd/others cards/chipset.
Plenty for a couple of weeks he should be well under 400 watts
Read his post again hes buying a larger one in a few weeks

mgallo848

Commendable
I wasn't trying to imply that he wouldn't be "ok" for a couple of weeks.

I just disagreed with "So many people overdue their PSU. Unless you are overclocking or doing SLI you almost never need a larger PSU"

Not to mention 430w PSU's are generally of the cheaply built variety.

You are absolutely 100% dead wrong.

MOST people buy crap PSU's and or ones that don't put out enough power in the 1st place for their systems.

That's the 1st thing they cheap out on and that is completely idiotic.

This and other forums are filled with posts of people who have serious issues due to the PSU's.

These days with a lot of the new MB's and GPU's none of the cheap and or lower wattage PSU's have the cabling options needed.

You can count on one hand how many 650W PSU's have 2x MB power cables, NONE of those are cheap low end models.

NONE of the PSU's below 650W have that.

Have to really get into the high quality 750W units to really have the cabling options.

That's not even getting into the high end GPU's that pull well over 300W and take 2x PCIe 8 pin or more, some take 3x.

And the CPU's that actually pull 180W and more.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

Unless he fries his rig in the mean time. Not worth the risk, not even close. I encourage the OP to get a new PSU that will meet their needs properly. Anything less then a quality PSU is begging for a fire and a dead PC. NEVER cheep out on a PSU. Those EVGA basic PSU are not quality at all and being close to his wattage limit makes the idea even worse.

matteusr

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
Can someone recommend an affordable PSU from this specific store Kabum?
I'm planning to spend a maximum of R$300,00 on the psu, psu's from tier lists around here or LTT forum's are too hard to find or too expensive in Brazil.

I was thinking about getting a Gigabyte p650b (650w). I know it's no seasonic but it seems to have lot's of "protection things"(?) and should leave some room for an upgrade later, only other options on that price range seems to be CX450, VS550, some other EVGA models and some CoolerMaster specific models that I couldn't find reviews for.

This one here is close to your price range.

https://www.kabum.com.br/cgi-local/site/produtos/descricao_ofertas.cgi?codigo=96372

Solution