FX-6300/GA-990FXA-UD3 Unable to Overclock

Oxadisasom

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Hey all, so ever since I got this Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 I've been having troubles with overclocking. I previously had the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 with the same CPU and achieved a stable overclock of 4.1GHz/4.3 boost, so I'm assuming my problem is with the motherboard.

So after I got everything with the upgrade set up, including downloading the latest BIOS, I went about overclocking the CPU. So in the BIOS, I tried increasing the core clock, but when I press "Enter" to change the setting, nothing happens. The CPU unlock setting is Enabled, and I've tried many combinations of the other settings, but still I can't change the clock setting.

After this, I thought I would just do it from the desktop via AMD Overdrive. Well, every time I change the core settings at all, even just up to 3.6GHz, I get a black screen, but I can still hear system sounds, etc., so it doesn't seem like a crash. I have been messing around with a myriad of settings, with no luck.

My full system:
AMD FX-6300
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970
Corsair CX750M
4x WD Black 2TB Hard Drives
Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Custom Watercooling Loop

Thank you in advance for your help with this issue.

I have FX6350 on same MB and and is running at 4.8 GHz, 24/7.
I'm doing it in BIOS on multiplier only because when you change clock, than memory and PCIe/PCI jump too high.
If you want to change clock you have to lower RAM multiplier first.

I have FX6350 on same MB and and is running at 4.8 GHz, 24/7.
I'm doing it in BIOS on multiplier only because when you change clock, than memory and PCIe/PCI jump too high.
If you want to change clock you have to lower RAM multiplier first.

Oxadisasom

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Wow guys, I'm a complete idiot apparently. Multiplier is what I meant to say I was trying to change. On my old motherboard you would just press enter and get a drop down of multipliers and I assumed since this is the same brand it would be the same. I just have to type the multiplier into the field. Thanks for your help, I'm just stupid lol

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS