[SOLVED] FX 6300 + GTX 1060 6GB less than 120 fps most of the time in csgo

May 13, 2020
So I'm getting way less than the fps I'm supposed to get and this happens in all my games but is really noticeable in csgo. Also, have this weird bug where when I press the escape key I get an fps increase. Any help would be appreciated since this has been driving me crazy for the last few months.

Solution
So I'm getting way less than the fps I'm supposed to get and this happens in all my games but is really noticeable in csgo. Also, have this weird bug where when I press the escape key I get an fps increase. Any help would be appreciated since this has been driving me crazy for the last few months.

Welcome to Toms Hardware @Geckbags !

Unfortunately, the FX line of cpu's is old, and using a GTX1060 will cause it to bottleneck, quite heavily. I once had a GTX1050 and a FX4300 and it was performing very similar to your setup. The most you could do is upgrade your cpu, and I don't mean upgrade to a new FX cpu, probably the Ryzen line of cpu's would be suitable. If you want to upgrade, what is your budget?

Unfortunately, the FX line of cpu's is old, and using a GTX1060 will cause it to bottleneck, quite heavily. I once had a GTX1050 and a FX4300 and it was performing very similar to your setup. The most you could do is upgrade your cpu, and I don't mean upgrade to a new FX cpu, probably the Ryzen line of cpu's would be suitable. If you want to upgrade, what is your budget?

Solution
May 13, 2020

But that wouldn't explain the escape key bug would it? It usually results in a 10-20% fps boost.