FX-6300 Overclocking questions

rburb98

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
I've already successfully overclocked my AMD FX-6300 to 4.5Ghz stable, but I want to know what power savings features in the BIOS should I disable, if any at all. I've tested my overclock with some enabled, some disabled, and all enabled. It seemed stable with whatever configuration I had. Now here's the important questions, for my Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0 MoBo, which of these features should be disabled for optimal performance all around? Here's what my BIOS provides in terms of options:
Cool n' Quiet
C1E Support
SVM
Core C6 State
HPC Mode
APM

If it's overall stable, don't worry about it. You want to tweak settings when you're going for the max that chip is capable of, since all chips are different in terms of max speed--settings will be too. Power saving features should be turned off, and you want to just enable idle mode in Windows Power Saving Options to be set to 5% during idle, and 100% during load.

rburb98

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015

So it doesn't matter if I have my power savings features enabled? In addition I enabled HPC mode due to throttling, but I've ran some tests and it seems stable.