[SOLVED] FX 6300 Recommended Voltages

Dec 22, 2017
So im setting Up my bios (i dont want to overclock my cpu and nothing) , i just wanna ask whats the "Cpu over voltage", "CPU/NB frequency" ( i know i do not need to set up Cpu Ratio bcs thats for OC), and if for better temperatures i need to disable AMD turbo core technology or it doesnt matter and i can enable it.
I just do not want to put all on Auto, i want to set it up.

FX 6300
Gtx 960
8gb ddr3 1866mhz

Solution
Sorry, I read your first post too fast and thought this was about overclocking which is why I asked about mobo and PSU model.

Why do you feel that leaving it on "auto" is wrong and that they must all be set in order to set things up? Most things in the BIOS are better left as auto.

NB frequency should be left alone if you don't want to OC. Turbo core allows the CPU to boost its frequency a little higher than 3.5 GHz under load. Disabling it could lower temps, but unless you're having trouble with overheating you might as well leave it on. Don't know what CPU over voltage is.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry, I read your first post too fast and thought this was about overclocking which is why I asked about mobo and PSU model.

Why do you feel that leaving it on "auto" is wrong and that they must all be set in order to set things up? Most things in the BIOS are better left as auto.

NB frequency should be left alone if you don't want to OC. Turbo core allows the CPU to boost its frequency a little higher than 3.5 GHz under load. Disabling it could lower temps, but unless you're having trouble with overheating you might as well leave it on. Don't know what CPU over voltage is.

Solution