FX 6300 upgrade to?

Sep 25, 2018
Hello and thanks in advance for your time and help reading this thread, I have an AMD FX 6300 Black Edition Overclock to 4.3ghz, 8 GB of ram DDR3 21xx, the video card is an asus astrix R7 380 4gb overclock, a 4tb HDD and an aftermarket fan for the CPU Cooler Master Hyper 212, everything runs pretty good, but I was reading some articles about video cards bottle necking for some processors or not having the best processor/video card for the video card/processor I have maybe you guys can help me determine if my CPU is good as is or there's room for improvement, I can't get a new computer at least for a year... And already had this one for like 3 years,

I mostly do video editing and gaming, games I play: RE7, doom, Witcher 3, FIFA 18, GTA V, and online gaming like wow and heroes of the Storm, I can't complain I can play most in ultra or high but sometimes some games kinda stutter or get a slow if there's smoke on the screen.

Any tips will be highly appreciated.

Solution
Yeah. Upgrade when you feel like performance is lacking.

That being said, you will probably get the best bang for your buck by going to Ryzen 5 2600X if you decide to upgrade. Especially for video editing ;) But of course, you will also need a new mobo and DDR4 memory (preferably 16GB of fast 3000MHz+ dual channel kit). You can basically keep everything else, and only sell your current cpu+mobo+RAM combo.
Yeah. Upgrade when you feel like performance is lacking.

That being said, you will probably get the best bang for your buck by going to Ryzen 5 2600X if you decide to upgrade. Especially for video editing ;) But of course, you will also need a new mobo and DDR4 memory (preferably 16GB of fast 3000MHz+ dual channel kit). You can basically keep everything else, and only sell your current cpu+mobo+RAM combo.

Solution