[SOLVED] FX 6300 Vishera to be pair with Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H (rev 3.1) (FGB bios)

Mar 4, 2020
I want to pair GA-880GM-D2H rev. 3.1 (FGB bios) with Fx 6300 Vishera will it be supported? i cant see this Cpu on the Official GigaByte list.. thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Not supported.

Gigabyte offical page says indeed that the fx 6300 is not supported.

From this thread on overclock.net:

Vishera - motherboard compatibility list

The GA-880GM-D2H is documented as being compatible with Vishera CPUs from BIOS version FGb.
It seems like the motherboard should support the FX 6300 with the latest BIOS version as tested by others.

EDIT: the rev 3.1 will most likely support the fx 6300... here's a link to a userbenchmark(I know this site is terrible, but in this situation is pretty useful) user, there are many with the same CPU and MOBO combo, that has a rig with the GA-880GM-D2H and a fx 6300 - GA-880GM-D2H FX6300 rig
Not supported.

The GA-880GM-D2H is documented as being compatible with Vishera CPUs from BIOS version FGb.
It seems like the motherboard should support the FX 6300 with the latest BIOS version as tested by others.

EDIT: the rev 3.1 will most likely support the fx 6300... here's a link to a userbenchmark(I know this site is terrible, but in this situation is pretty useful) user, there are many with the same CPU and MOBO combo, that has a rig with the GA-880GM-D2H and a fx 6300 - GA-880GM-D2H FX6300 rig

Last edited:
Reactions: krayzie213
Solution
Mar 4, 2020

hopefully it works. Cause i dont want to spend money on buying another motherboard. Thanks!