[SOLVED] FX-8150 on ~80C while gaming???

TarikS

Commendable
Apr 12, 2020
So I got this 8150 and applied paste and everything and when I game its like on ~80C for some reason, I have additional fan but still.
My voltage for some reason is 1.4125 and doesn't go lower in bios. My cooler is an Arctic Alpine 64GT.

My idle temps are like 40/50C

Solution
And is 1.41V normal?
If you left it on auto, yes.

My motherboard is GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2PV and my case is
Amazon.com
Thermaltake Black V3 Mid Tower Case
Ok, there's a problem.
Your motherboard is not well suited for the cpu it's paired with. It consists of a weak 4+1 power phase - in time, the cpu will exhaust the power delivery, and you'll be forced to underclock the cpu to maintain stability.
You'll see symptoms such as, freezing, crashing, BSODs...
If you can't afford a new cpu/mobo/ram combo, I'd suggest going into bios and setting a max frequency of 3.5ghz in the bios.

As for potential cpu coolers without breaking the bank:
Cooler Master Hyper 212
Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

TarikS

Commendable
Apr 12, 2020

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
And is 1.41V normal?

My motherboard is GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2PV and my case is
Amazon.com
Thermaltake Black V3 Mid Tower Case
Ok, there's a problem.
Your motherboard is not well suited for the cpu it's paired with. It consists of a weak 4+1 power phase - in time, the cpu will exhaust the power delivery, and you'll be forced to underclock the cpu to maintain stability.
If you can't afford a new cpu/mobo/ram combo, I'd suggest going into bios and setting a max frequency of 3.5ghz in the bios.

Cooler Master Hyper 212

Solution

TarikS

Commendable
Apr 12, 2020

Ok, there's a problem.

Cooler Master Hyper 212
Okay so I underclocked it to 3.5 and i am probably getting a new cooler at monday which can work with the fx 8150, its 125w