FX-8150 Overclocking past 4.4Ghz

itzsamlol

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
So I've had my 8150 clocked at 4.4ghz for the past while and I realized that I really wanted to try to achieve 4.8Ghz seeing as I have H100 liquid cooling, but I cant seem to do it. The MAX voltage that my motherboard even supports up to is 1.46 for cpus, and that is what it's currently set to for 4.4 ghz, without any other voltage/settings changed (except removal of cpu features) Is this a problem that can be fixed, or is impossible?

Gtx 670
Fx 8150
MSI Gd65V2
750W Fatality PSU
8Gb Ripjaws X ram (Should be clocked at 1600, but motherboarder automatically reduces it to 1333)

Solution
motherboard limitation. I wouldn't advise getting another motherboard to get more out of it, instead get an 8320/50. Bulldozer cpu's were a mistake from AMD, piledriver is a significant improvement, although still trailing ivy bridge and haswell i5's for gaming.
motherboard limitation. I wouldn't advise getting another motherboard to get more out of it, instead get an 8320/50. Bulldozer cpu's were a mistake from AMD, piledriver is a significant improvement, although still trailing ivy bridge and haswell i5's for gaming.

Solution