Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
My system-
*AMD Fx 8320
*ASUS M5A97 R 2.0
*Sapphire R7 250 1Gb GDDR5
*1 TB HDD WD Caviar Blue
*Dell S2240L
Now,if I use that R7,would I bottleneck my CPU or my cpu is quite good to be bottlenecked?
One thing,I'd *NEVER OC* my CPU.
How's the mo.bo you think? Is it with 4+2 VRM?

Solution
the 250 is a lower end card. where do you suppose the weak link is? don't over clock............ you're either trolling or you don't have the proper knowledge of hardware and will only do harm to expensive components.

AniAM

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Morgan,OC freak I ain't. I do like the way default and long-lasting. I cant buy a lotta cpu every 3 or 4 years. When you OC,the metal heads get slowly decayed but the factory OCed. If you do a bit of knowledge about pure physics,you would know that but sadly you dont. Factory OCed has very good coating on the heads that hold the quality. But here's the thing. Thiscoating get used only for 3 modules to make quality-proof 6 cores. @Dave,explain the bottlenecking thing to me shortly and Iaint a gamer but an editor. I would paly games sometimes that's my second priority. :)

davemaster84

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Well since you are an editor ypu will make a good use of the 8 cores, anyway you are right, when you make an Oc your cpu live gets shortenned. Although it can be better if you get good cooling for your cpu, like collermadter hyper 212 evo, that will keep the temps good enough, then ypu just have to enter the bios and set the cpu multiplayer slowly until you reach around 400mhz higher, then you boot into windows and run a cpu test like prime95. If it is stable you jist stay with it, by Ocing you will get a better overall performance