[SOLVED] FX-8350 4.7 GHz OC and RX 590?

Solution
You will be fine if you don't play heavy online games like BFV 64 player.
So yes you will get above 40FPS with that CPU and RX590.

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
I'm mainly interested in using ultra settings playing single player games or campaign mode. Not multiplayer. And anything over 40 fps with no stutter would be my other hope.

As for which games... I don't really know. Any newish games with great graphics. My GTX 970 can't quite do it, and it has other problems as well.

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
I would prefer not to use websites like this, rather personal experience.

I used a Ryzen 3 1200 which is more powerfull than an 8350 paired with an RX580, which is close to a 590.it was overall pretty ok, although some games would stutter.

Just a note, the 9590 has a turbo clock, so it will turbo above 4.7ghz and outperform your 8350. So don't expect the exact same results as a 9590.

So yes there will be a bottleneck in many cases.

However, you still should get a decent framerate in most games, although some games may stutter and newer demanding games like battlefield will have issues.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
We must have different opinions on what "pretty terrible" is. If I'm interpreting that page you linked to correctly, they averaged ~55fps at Ultra Quality Settings (1080p) with the 9590. I'd be quite happy with that as long as there wasn't any (or much of any) stutter.
If you haven't, you should scroll down to the 1080p results in that link - it starts with a bunch of green bars, and see the fps minimums. Don't just look at the averages, as it doesn't tell the whole story.

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
If you haven't, you should scroll down to the 1080p results in that link - it starts with a bunch of green bars, and see the fps minimums. Don't just look at the averages, as it doesn't tell the whole story.
Still looks good to me. Remember, I'm only looking for 40+ fps. There was a time that I used to be happy playing at 30 fps until I was told that was too slow... lol.

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
I would prefer not to use websites like this, rather personal experience.

I used a Ryzen 3 1200 which is more powerfull than an 8350 paired with an RX580, which is close to a 590.it was overall pretty ok, although some games would stutter.

Just a note, the 9590 has a turbo clock, so it will turbo above 4.7ghz and outperform your 8350. So don't expect the exact same results as a 9590.

So yes there will be a bottleneck in many cases.

However, you still should get a decent framerate in most games, although some games may stutter and newer demanding games like battlefield will have issues.
Yeah, I realize that. In fact, I disabled Turbo so the CPU wouldn't try to go higher. I assumed that would crash it.

TRENDING THREADS