Question FX-8350 Air cooling

Timmy88

Reputable
Apr 30, 2016
Looking into Air coolers for my FX-8350 it runs hot n loud as hell Have been looking into coolermasters V8 GTS and the Master Air Maker 8 not looking into water cooled options but Vapor chamber technology has caught my eye...
Any other Air cooled suggestions?
I'm really looking for the best of the best air coolers also my computer has been made to be looked at so prefer an aircooler that has some style to it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The V8 isn't too shabby on looks and is decent on performance, but not exactly quiet to get that performance, and pretty old. The Maker 8 is its replacement basically, pulling better temps, much quieter, on par with the beQuiet Dark rock TF although at max speeds its fans are considerably faster and louder than that cooler. It pretty much equals a Noctua NH-D14, but is still behind in every way vrs the NH-D15/S.

Much will depend on the case, as well as budget, the cooler will have to fit both.

Timmy88

Reputable
Apr 30, 2016
im thinking the master air maker 8 but no doubt Noctua is better not sure if its the heatsink or fans cause im thinking if i get the master air maker maybe get better fans if it is the fans that are the difference

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's multiple factors. Fans make up a good chunk, but really only in specifics. The heatsink has a certain amount of surface area per fin, depth, density, space, so the fan would stand to reason to be tuned for that. Putting a high cfm/low sp fan on a dense, thick heatsink is next to useless no matter how good the fan might be, same as putting a lower cfm, high sp fan on a thin tower with large air space between fins. The fan needs to be appropriate for the job.

It's entirely possible to put something like a Noctua NF-F12 on that heatsink, and get worse temps and equitable sound but using a Master Air Performance get better temps and louder volume.

I've got a cheapo stock intake CoolerMaster clear/blue led 140mm in one case that's dead silent and moves a ton of air, has been running 24/7 for almost 7 years. Most would judge it on its cheapo stock case fan apperance/performance rating and appeal and have dumped it shortly after getting the case in favor of a 'real' fan. And lost out on something I'd buy again in a heartbeat.

TRENDING THREADS