FX-8350 consuming only 44.54 watts when under full load?

BlueFFllame

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
Hey guys,

So my processor is consuming too little watts and I was wondering if something is wrong, like its performance being throttled by this?
My mobo is a Gigabyte 970-DS3P-rev 1
I'm using CPUID, HWinfo and AIDA 64 to check the watts.

Any help would be appreciated.

BlueFFllame

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017

Yeah, it boosts to 4.2Ghz while gaming and that's it's default max. I haven't overclocked it. The voltages show 1.425 so I think that's how they should be. I also think the sensor is faulty because during the winter it was showing 0 Celsius and I'm not using liquid nitrogen.
In general, if the clocks are boosting to their maximum values, does that 100% mean nothing is wrong? I'm kind of just paranoid about my system working at full capacity. My computer is pre-built and I got it before I understood PC building things.

BlueFFllame

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017

Thanks. I guess I just have to use something like Kill a Watt.

Yes but you also have to calculate in PSU and it's power efficiency rating. All you can find is difference in CPU's power states.If and how much power difference there is when running on idle or full tilt, when underclocked or overclocked, absolute power usage probably never.
W= A*V and there's no amperage sensor either, only Volts and even that may not be very accurate. That's why they invented TDP which is only thing that can be measured accurately thru heat output.