FX 8350 + HD 7770 or FX 6300 + HD7850

G

I am a reasonable multitasker and a 40fps gamer. I would love playing all the latest game titles at around 40 fps with best settings on a 21inch dell moniter. My multitasking comprises of a Vmware + Photoshop + 5 Chrome tabs + some downloading in the background and aften some video encoding. I have 8 gigs or ram and i plan to overclock both, the cpu and the card, on air. What setup should i go for ? also, please suggest another setup if it would be better provided it would fall in the same price category. Also, a reason for your choice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance people.

Solution
Buy an 8320 so you still get 8 threads for multitasking, Use the difference in money to go 7850/7870 or equivalent.
Overclock the 8320 to 8350 specs (or higher!) with a Hyper 212 cooler.

And win all the way around.
Without knowing which parts you are looking at, how about a FX 8320 and a R9 270X? If you plan on OCing anyways, the 8320 is the same as the 8350, just clocked a little lower. Also the 270X replaces the 7870 in the AMD GPU lineup, if I remember correctly.

exroofer

Distinguished
Buy an 8320 so you still get 8 threads for multitasking, Use the difference in money to go 7850/7870 or equivalent.
Overclock the 8320 to 8350 specs (or higher!) with a Hyper 212 cooler.

And win all the way around.

Solution
G

exroofer

Distinguished
"martell, isnt a FX 8350 supposed to perform 15% better than a FX 8320 ? "

The $70 ish dollar difference in price lets you jump a tier in video card, which is pretty significant.

An 8320 will EASILY hit 4.2-4.6 Ghz overclocked, stock 8350 is 4.0-4.2 turbo.
Yes the 8350 will clock even higher, but that doesn't let the you jump a tier in videocard.

Which keeps you on budget while getting the most performance for your useage.

I don't see you mention your current motherboard in the original post. 83xx series chips need a socket AM3+ mobo.

G

why not the H40 ?

exroofer

Distinguished
H40 is a watercooler right? Hyper 212 is like $30 here, and cools almost as well as H80/H100i set ups unless one is going for extreme overclocks.

I'm a big believer in "bang for buck"

If it costs two or three times as much and is only 10% better, or not any better under normal useage, That's what I go with.

There is an article somewhere here on Tom's that covers cooling solutions very extensively, with a lot of charts and math involved.

G

Thanks mate...

G

Thank You

TRENDING THREADS