[SOLVED] FX-8350 Prices. Curious...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I have an old FX-8350 rig sitting around collecting dust. (Asus M5A99x EV0) Got curious as to if it would be worthwhile to piece it out or sell it complete. Wow! Surprise! The going prices for just the bare bones used 8350 itself is what the new one sold for before Ryzen. New... it's in 10th gen i7 territory.
Why? Can't be scarcity, can it? AMD must have made millions of those chips. It's not a particular good gamer. Although it is a good room heater. Simply the fact that it isn't produced anymore? Or am I missing something?

Solution
Ya my old fx ran 4.6g 24/7 under a h100i then to h110i as I started upgrading my system, other parts was also bought to build my son's then wifes.
It would run 4.7g but I backed it down.

The 2070 is in my son's rig
Msi b450 pro carbon
R5 3600
16gb G.skill trident z 3600 16 16 16 36
Corsair H110i
Evga bq 850w psu
In a Thermaltake f31 Suppressor

And he is Loving It.

I used the old 8350 system breadboarded to test the 2070 as I bought it in Aug and the 30 day warranty at Micro Center would definitely have been no good at Xmas time.

The wife has been hounding me to get rid of
The boxes.
But I keep saying not yet , those boxes are the original box's for all the old parts hoping that they may help with a sale.
I have a few 970 mobos, my...

kanewolf

Titan
I have an old FX-8350 rig sitting around collecting dust. (Asus M5A99x EV0) Got curious as to if it would be worthwhile to piece it out or sell it complete. Wow! Surprise! The going prices for just the bare bones used 8350 itself is what the new one sold for before Ryzen. New... it's in 10th gen i7 territory.
Why? Can't be scarcity, can it? AMD must have made millions of those chips. It's not a particular good gamer. Although it is a good room heater. Simply the fact that it isn't produced anymore? Or am I missing something?
Looking at E-Bay SOLD listings, the CPU is about $100 and the motherboard is $70. Remember they can ask anything, only the SOLD listings are what someone is willing to pay.

Reactions: CountMike

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Looking at E-Bay SOLD listings, the CPU is about $100 and the motherboard is $70. Remember they can ask anything, only the SOLD listings are what someone is willing to pay.
I need a link to where you found SOLD listings, please. My browser keeps coming up 'site not found' when I click on their completed listings link. Thanks.

I was searching ebay/FX-8350 CPU/US only/Returns Accepted and didn't find any for auction; only BIN. Which as you both say, can be any price.
Newegg only has 2 offers (new); $227 and $546 cough. Both by slow boat from Hong Kong. The 2 used are $175-$179. Amazon similar. Still some crazy prices IMO.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
On ebay, search for FX-8350(or anything else) in used condition.
Then filter on completed auctions.
In green, you will see what the item actually sold for.
Thanks. Never knew what that link was for exactly.
Seems like most of them have gone for well over $100 recently. $200 for that one complete in box. I guess I'll hold onto mine for a bit longer. It seems to be one of the better binned ones.

I have a ga-990fxa -ud3 / fx-8350 plus the stock cooler,16gb g.skill trident x 1866 cl8
I have been holding onto wondering myself what it could go for.
The stock cooler was used only long enough to breadboard that system to test a new gigabyte rtx 2070 super that was bought in Aug 20 for a xmas present for my son's rig.

But it still looks like only what somebody is willing to pay.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I have a ga-990fxa -ud3 / fx-8350 plus the stock cooler,16gb g.skill trident x 1866 cl8
I have been holding onto wondering myself what it could go for.
The stock cooler was used only long enough to breadboard that system to test a new gigabyte rtx 2070 super that was bought in Aug 20 for a xmas present for my son's rig.

But it still looks like only what somebody is willing to pay.
Except for our motherboards, yours is pretty much identical to mine. I've still got my old 212 EVO push-pull cooler on it. But it is good enough to get it to a rock stable 4.7GHz with no throttling.

Your 2070 is quite a bit more than the old Vishera can keep up with tho. (I also have a 2070, but in my i5-9600K build.) I guess I shouldn't talk, tho. I put a GTX 2060 1660 in the 8350 rig. Overkill too I know, but it was the only decent card I had available other than a whole bunch of oldies.

I guess I'll hang on to it along with all the other old obsolete CPUs and GPUs I still have. :sneaky:

Edit (typo)

Last edited:
Ya my old fx ran 4.6g 24/7 under a h100i then to h110i as I started upgrading my system, other parts was also bought to build my son's then wifes.
It would run 4.7g but I backed it down.

The 2070 is in my son's rig
Msi b450 pro carbon
R5 3600
16gb G.skill trident z 3600 16 16 16 36
Corsair H110i
Evga bq 850w psu
In a Thermaltake f31 Suppressor

And he is Loving It.

I used the old 8350 system breadboarded to test the 2070 as I bought it in Aug and the 30 day warranty at Micro Center would definitely have been no good at Xmas time.

The wife has been hounding me to get rid of
The boxes.
But I keep saying not yet , those boxes are the original box's for all the old parts hoping that they may help with a sale.
I have a few 970 mobos, my 990fxa -ud3,
Asus m5a99fx pro r2
Fx 8350 x2
Fx 6350
Fx 6300
Ddr3 ram kits
So ya the right buyer / buyers ??????

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts