fx5200

Maybe this will help anyone out their with an older system and a fx5200
card. Im running a p4 1.7 gig 512ram pc133 asusp4b mo board win xp. Horrible
frame rates on everything all games unplayable. Used all drivers with the
newest ones 56.72 being the worst. For me anyway the 44.03 seem to work the
best. Ran coolbits and overclocked about 10 percent and got a little better
results, The biggest help was changing the agp apature size in the bios from
4meg 'vid card manufacture rec.' to 128meg. 20 percent increase in
performance with this one change. Anyhow I started off with 3d mark 2001
results of 3200. After all changes I am getting 5200-5300. I know all you
die-hards out their are laughing at these results.But I am able to play halo
at 800x600 with all details on, very playable. Far cry auto detected
1024x768 with details set to medium works fine. I play most of my games on
PS2 and 52inch screen. Its just nice to check out some of the latest games
on the PC and to let the kids play them.

Jeff

"jeff mcnulty" <bilyzoom@gte.net> wrote in message
> Maybe this will help anyone out their with an older system and a fx5200
> card. Im running a p4 1.7 gig 512ram pc133 asusp4b mo board win xp.
Horrible
> frame rates on everything all games unplayable. Used all drivers with the
> newest ones 56.72 being the worst. For me anyway the 44.03 seem to work
the
> best. Ran coolbits and overclocked about 10 percent and got a little
better
> results, The biggest help was changing the agp apature size in the bios
from
> 4meg 'vid card manufacture rec.' to 128meg. 20 percent increase in
> performance with this one change. Anyhow I started off with 3d mark 2001
> results of 3200. After all changes I am getting 5200-5300. I know all you
> die-hards out their are laughing at these results.But I am able to play
halo
> at 800x600 with all details on, very playable. Far cry auto detected
> 1024x768 with details set to medium works fine. I play most of my games on
> PS2 and 52inch screen. Its just nice to check out some of the latest games
> on the PC and to let the kids play them.

Hoorah for that.

Do you have an FX5200 or an FX5200 ultra ?

If you have an FX5200 is it fanless ?

Mine is =D

Skybuck.