fx5900 benchmark query

Hi all
I was wondering what would be a average to good score in 3dmark03 for a
geforce fx 5900(not an xt and not an ultra) to acheive and what would be a
fair driver to use?I just ran it and it didnt even score 3000pts am i right
in thinking this is a little low and what would help me out if it is.I ran
the benchmark using the supplied drivers(4403)i got a via kt333 mbo but its
only a 4 x agp but i understand that im gonna get a performance hit cos of
that but how much?i've been led to believe that the figure is about 10%
lower than a 8 x agp board
thanks in advance
Darren

darren reed wrote:
> Hi all
> I was wondering what would be a average to good score in 3dmark03 for
> a geforce fx 5900(not an xt and not an ultra) to acheive and what
> would be a fair driver to use?I just ran it and it didnt even score
> 3000pts am i right in thinking this is a little low and what would
> help me out if it is.I ran the benchmark using the supplied
> drivers(4403)i got a via kt333 mbo but its only a 4 x agp but i
> understand that im gonna get a performance hit cos of that but how
> much?i've been led to believe that the figure is about 10% lower than
> a 8 x agp board
> thanks in advance

Without knowing what your CPU speed is, it's hard to know if 3000 is good or
bad. Run 'Project Search and Compare' on the www.futuremark.com website.

My score in AquaMark 3 jumped 7000 points when I went from the 44.03 to the
56.72 drivers.

TMC

> Darren

sorry i forgot about the cpu its a athlon2700
"Too_Much_Coffee ®" <looking@the.grrrls> wrote in message
> darren reed wrote:
> > Hi all
> > I was wondering what would be a average to good score in 3dmark03 for
> > a geforce fx 5900(not an xt and not an ultra) to acheive and what
> > would be a fair driver to use?I just ran it and it didnt even score
> > 3000pts am i right in thinking this is a little low and what would
> > help me out if it is.I ran the benchmark using the supplied
> > drivers(4403)i got a via kt333 mbo but its only a 4 x agp but i
> > understand that im gonna get a performance hit cos of that but how
> > much?i've been led to believe that the figure is about 10% lower than
> > a 8 x agp board
> > thanks in advance
>
> Without knowing what your CPU speed is, it's hard to know if 3000 is good
or
> bad. Run 'Project Search and Compare' on the www.futuremark.com website.
>
> My score in AquaMark 3 jumped 7000 points when I went from the 44.03 to
the
> 56.72 drivers.
>

> TMC
>

> > Darren

I got 5206 with my system
AMD XP2400
512MB 333 mhz ram cl2.5
MSI 6712 Mainboard (v2.0)
Seagate ST380022A 80GB 7200RPM Ultra ATA/100
Club3d Geforce 5900xt

It seems to be higher than an average score, is it?

regards

Rob

Forgot to add, everything at stock speed.

Currently getting 5575 w/3dmark03.

Gigabyte GA-7NNXP MB, Bios Ver. F17
AMD XP 3200+ @ 2.4 GHz, Vantec Aeroflow HSF
512 MB PC-3200 Ram
ASUS FX 5900, 425 core, 800 mem. ver. 60.72 Driver

W.