FX5900XT?

I'm sure there have been lots of post about this, but which card is the
best?...best overclocker + cooling system?

Maybe a 256MB version?....at a reasonable price.

Cheers.

Torr

"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm sure there have been lots of post about this, but which card is the
> best?...best overclocker + cooling system?
>
> Maybe a 256MB version?....at a reasonable price.
>
> Cheers.

Hi, ive read leadtech fx5900xt are the best due to there 2.2ns memory
timings which allows the memory to be clocked up from 700 to 800 mhz and
still be on spec.

i bought a sparkle fx5900xt cause it was cheap and available at $330aus
about 2 months ago.
cant complain core o/c's to 470 and memory 760 stable. default is 390/700
in aquamark3 i get around
GFX score: 6200
CPU score: 7900
AquaMark score: 44000
thats with default gfx properties setting and gfx card o/c'ed to 440 core
and 730 mem on an p4 2.533gig at 3.03gig (fsb 160) loaded with 1gig ram at
400mhz.
No problems with the install , it replaced a leadtech ti4200.
No problems with any games running drivers 56.64 ive tried
No heat problems , gets upto about 55C running Farcry demo for couple of
hours.
Runs quiet , cant hear it over the thermaltake p7 spark cpu heatsink and
fan.

Unless u got a p4 at 3.0 gig or amd xp3000+ and and up i dont think you will
notice much of a difference with either fx5900xt and fx5900, especially
when doing legitement benchmarking with drivers at default setting for
quality.