FX6800 and 3DMark

bill

I can see it now. As soon as we buy a FX6800, they'll release a new version
of 3DMark, and our 14000 scores will drop to 5000 ;)

Bill

Actually the 60.72 drivers are Future Mark approved.
The funny part is now that Nvidia has a great card on thier hands again they
are once again championing 3Dmark, makes you want to laugh. First 3Dmark03
was useless now Nvidia themselves are using it as benchmark to show the
power of thier new hardware.

RF

Bill wrote:

> I can see it now. As soon as we buy a FX6800, they'll release a new version
> of 3DMark, and our 14000 scores will drop to 5000 ;)

LOL

By way of consolation all others will drop too, my laptop (XP2500+M,
Radeon Mobility 320) scored 89 on 3DMark'03, yes 89, 2 digits JIC anyone
thought that was a typo.

--
Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer

"Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
> I can see it now. As soon as we buy a FX6800, they'll release a new
version
> of 3DMark, and our 14000 scores will drop to 5000 ;)
>
> Bill

Just to be anal here but it isn't called an FX6800 it's a Geforce 6800
Series, you may have noticed they have dropped the whole FX thing...

ntl: Victim wrote:

> "Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>>I can see it now. As soon as we buy a FX6800, they'll release a new
>
> version
>
>>of 3DMark, and our 14000 scores will drop to 5000 ;)
>>
>>Bill
>>

> Just to be anal here but it isn't called an FX6800 it's a Geforce 6800
> Series, you may have noticed they have dropped the whole FX thing...

Can you blame them? Since the FX series came out people would ask what
card is best at such and such a budget and the answer from regulars of
the nvidia group would be an ATI.

In a way, Nvidia playing second fiddle to ATI has it's good points, it
keeps the likes of SKD off this group :)

That reminds me, where's ZOD? Haven't had a "hehe" for a long time.

--
Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer