FX8320-8350 Oced + Water Cooling vs i5 4690k Oced + Evo 212

Weru20

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
Just ast the title say, Which should be better, the i5 and Evo cost around 250$, And with the AMD i can get a good Ocing with some good Water cooling with that 250$

PC mostly games, Streaming to Twitch meanwhile gaming, and a Bit of photoshop

relevant PC components
gtx 970
EVGA Supernova 750W Gold
Corsair vengance 8 GB ram Cas 8

Solution
OK, mostly great choices in hardware. However some notes.

1. STRONGLY suggest against getting that PSU, its NOT a trusted unit. A relaible 550w is MORE than enough for that system. Even with overclocking. Only get a 750w unit if you plan to SLI in the future, and then get a better unit.

Here is a tiered list of PSUs, stick to tier1, tier2a and tier2b ONLY.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

2. RAM, Get the low profile version, those high heatsinks can interfere with some CPU coolers and really do not help cool the RAM, although it does look cool. :)

Do you plan on SLI?
DO you plan to overclock?
The AMD will do pretty well with streaming and photoshop thanks to its extra threads.

Its a difficult decision.

In general, I5 for gaming every single time.
But once you consider streaming and content creation, an overclocked AMD does become a bit more attractive.

BUT do not get closed loop water cooling unless you get LARGE liquid coolers or custom loop water.

Weru20

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
Oh god, now im confused, 2 experts in the same stuff, 1 say go for intel fuk amd, the other say both are cool :C maybe its better intel? and if i go for AMD, which cooling Heatskink/watercoolinng brand/moel would be better?

What is your total budget for CPU, motherboard and cooler?

Have you already bought all the components you listed?
Do you already have the storage and chassis?

In other words, what is your TOTAL budget for EVERYTHING you need?

OK, mostly great choices in hardware. However some notes.

1. STRONGLY suggest against getting that PSU, its NOT a trusted unit. A relaible 550w is MORE than enough for that system. Even with overclocking. Only get a 750w unit if you plan to SLI in the future, and then get a better unit.

Here is a tiered list of PSUs, stick to tier1, tier2a and tier2b ONLY.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

2. RAM, Get the low profile version, those high heatsinks can interfere with some CPU coolers and really do not help cool the RAM, although it does look cool. :)

Do you plan on SLI?
DO you plan to overclock?

Solution

Weru20

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

Thanks for the info dude, Yeah next year i will add anoter 970, and yep, i want to OC a bit if i get a Oceable CPU

Weru20

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

Thanks!, that's the same as the i74770 whitout iGPU? and i should use an aftermarket cooler?

Weru20

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

Thanks guys, ne more Question, Which Motherboard will be cool With that Xeon if i will not Overclock it (obviusly) but i want to do SLI