[SOLVED] Fx8350 not at 100% with prime 95

holley.deondre

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
I have it at 4.7ghz @1.34v and all cores are only at 100% for the first hour then they just die down to some cores not at 100%. I woke up about 8 hours later and cpu total is at 40%! Temps are a high of 58c under load with 17 thermal margin at the end of the test. I believe it’s throttling? So do I downclock to 4.5/4.6? Or up the voltage ? It hasn’t froze or anything

Solution
Don't need to run Prime95 for more than @10 minutes with aircooling or 30 minutes with liquid cooling. With small fft, it's sole benefit is maximum temp the cpu will attain under loads of 100%. Stability testing is best done with Asus RealBench instead.

If your cpu is throttling after testing with p95, the only thing it's proven is your cooling solution is not enough or your case does not have adequate airflow.

TM of 17 at end of test would be decent, if it's a peak amount, if it's the final amount with the cpu running 40% then you did suffer throttling due to heat.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Don't need to run Prime95 for more than @10 minutes with aircooling or 30 minutes with liquid cooling. With small fft, it's sole benefit is maximum temp the cpu will attain under loads of 100%. Stability testing is best done with Asus RealBench instead.

If your cpu is throttling after testing with p95, the only thing it's proven is your cooling solution is not enough or your case does not have adequate airflow.

TM of 17 at end of test would be decent, if it's a peak amount, if it's the final amount with the cpu running 40% then you did suffer throttling due to heat.

Solution