fx8350 rx570, cant run certain titles (poor ram utilization?)

Dec 22, 2018
Hey guys, I'm new on here and I was just wondering if I could get some insights into whats going on with my system.

I recently upgraded from my ASUS R9 270X 2GB to an ASUS Strix RX 570 4GB, I benchmarked the card on 3D Mark firestrike, Unigine valley (Extreme HD/Ultra) and Superposition and got really good scores, definetly see/notice the difference. But when launching games such as Fortnite, or Shadow of the Tomb Raider, for some reason the games just crash, I dont get a BSOD, but sometimes ill get a warning box with stuff like monitor.exe, or memory too high. I've seen other people run the same system combo but get really playable 1080p frames and good overall quality, better than what Im getting atleast!
Ive done some digging around, turned off the steam in-tray game app, reduced ram useage of the background apps, carried out a sfc /verifyonly/scannow to check for any corrupt files (none present), verified the files of the games, uninstalled my drivers via DDU then re-installed them, disk cleaned any unwanted files on the C and D drives but still seem to be getting crashes, even in GTA 5 (forgotten to mention) I've also checked my RAM useage at idle via the task manager, and it averages around 25% useage. Im starting to think that the games are just badly optimised? or my cpu is just rubbish, and should upgrade to ryzen? (thinking around january/february time, after CES)

I'm really stuck as to how I can better optimise my rig, its getting on 6 years old but Im sure it should still be able to play some games from what Ive seen on youtube, with people running very similar rigs to mine. My specs are as follows;

fx8350 on a Cooler Master TX3 evo HSF (4ghz, no OC but does turbo to 4.2)
8gb Kingston 1600mhz ram (x2 4gb sticks)
RX570 4gb
Corsair cx500w PSU
gigabyte ga 970a ud3p (bios version 1, maybe the bios needs updating?)

I would really appreicate some advice/insight as to what I can do, I thought I would post on here as Im always scanning these forums and seems a very active site, as it is the festive period, I really do appreciate a reply!

Thanks again all and happy holidays! ill try to keep this thread up to date, as Im sure there is something Ive forgotten. Cheers :)

Dec 22, 2018

Ryzen is definetly something I plan to upgrade to in early 2019, but is there surely nothing that can be done with my current setup? maybe upgrade my ram perhaps ? cheers and thanks for the reply!