May 24, 2022
Hello friends.
i have;
1-) 400 watt power supply
2-) m5a78l-m/usb
3-) cooler : stock
4-) fx 8350 processor (vishera)
5-) 8gb 1600mhz ram
6-) 1050ti video card (i feed it with a second power supply)
7-) 120gb ssd - 500gb hdd

I fixed the processor to 4ghz in bios. I don't have a CPU throttling problem. I actually have no problems. I have 5 fans in my case(3 units at the front - 1 unit at the top - 1 unit for exhaust). All MOSFETs have copper heatsinks and extra small 7000rpm fans. In short, the inside of the safe is like ice. I have no problem with cooling. I just don't want to leave the processor settings in the bios to automatic. I was able to use the computer without shutting down for 1 week with the settings I have given below, without bsod, by trial and error method myself. I did the prime 95 test for 2 days non-stop. completely seamless. Is there something you see missing in my settings? How are my settings for 4ghz?

When I look with amd overdrive;
thermal margin
idle: 50 - 51.1
at load: 24.5 - 25

my bios settings
-------------------

-JUMPERFREE CONFiGURATiON-*

CPU OVERCLOCKiNG : MANUEL
CPU/HT REFERENCE CLOCK : 200
MEMORY CLOCK SPEED : AUTO
PCiE OVERCLOCKiNG : MANUEL
PCiE CLOCK : 100
-------------
CPU RATiO : x20
AMD TURBO CORE TECHNOLOGY : DiSABLED
CPU /NB FREQUENCY : 2200
CPU OVER VOLTAGE : 1.331250 VOLT
VDDNB OVER VOLTAGE : AUTO
LOADLiNE CALiBRATiON : AUTO
-------------
HTLiNK SPEED : 2200
HT OVER VOLTAGE : 1.20000 VOLT
-------------
- MEMORY OVER VOLTAGE : 1.50000 VOLT
-------------
- CHiPSET OVER VOLTAGE : 1.10000 VOLT
-------------
- PCi/PCiE CLK STATUS : ENABLED

*-CPU CONFiGURATiON-
GART ERROR REPORTiNG : DiSABLED
MiCRO CODE UPDATiON : ENABLE
SECURE ViRTUAL MACHiNE MODE : ENABLE
COOL "N" QUiET : DiSABLED
ADVANCED CLOCK CALiBRATiON : ALL CORES
UNLEASHiNG MODE : DiSABLED
ACTiVE CPU CORES : MANUEL
3RD & 4TH CORE : ON
5RD & 6TH CORE : ON
7RD & 8TH CORE : ON
VALUE (ALL CORES) : %0

-HW MONiTOR CONFiGURATiON-*

CPU Q-FAN FUNCTiON : ENABLED
CPU FAN SPEED LOWLiMiT : 600 RPM
CPU Q-FAN MODE : MANUEL
CPU UPPER TEMPERATURE : 80 C/176 F
CPU FAN MAX. DUTY CYCLE : 100%
CPU FAN MiN. DUTY CYCLE : 20%

Solution
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/fx-8350
4 Ghz is base clock. You are not overclocking. If anything, you are underclocking.
Stock cooler is crap if you want to overclock. TjMax temp is 61 C. Adjust fans accordingly. When I OCed the FX-8350, I made sure temps never went over 55 C. Stresstesting.
I don't remember touching anything other than CPU voltage, LLC and CPU ratio. And of course I turned off all the powersaving crap. My brother sometimes still uses the system with that CPU. It's overclocked to 4.5-4.6 ghz. I had it running at 4.8 Ghz for years, til it degraded a little so had to step down the OC.
The main problem I had was my GPU also heating up the whole case. I made a hole in the case next to GPU, put a 120 mm fan there...

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/fx-8350
4 Ghz is base clock. You are not overclocking. If anything, you are underclocking.
Stock cooler is crap if you want to overclock. TjMax temp is 61 C. Adjust fans accordingly. When I OCed the FX-8350, I made sure temps never went over 55 C. Stresstesting.
I don't remember touching anything other than CPU voltage, LLC and CPU ratio. And of course I turned off all the powersaving crap. My brother sometimes still uses the system with that CPU. It's overclocked to 4.5-4.6 ghz. I had it running at 4.8 Ghz for years, til it degraded a little so had to step down the OC.
The main problem I had was my GPU also heating up the whole case. I made a hole in the case next to GPU, put a 120 mm fan there and CPU temp dropped by 5-10 C and same with GPU temp IIRC.

When it comes to the chip reporting temps, it calculates them somehow. Which means, any temp below 40 C is generally not accurate at all.

Solution
Hello friends.
i have;
1-) 400 watt power supply
2-) m5a78l-m/usb
3-) cooler : stock
4-) fx 8350 processor (vishera)
5-) 8gb 1600mhz ram
6-) 1050ti video card (i feed it with a second power supply)
7-) 120gb ssd - 500gb hdd
I fixed the processor to 4ghz in bios. I don't have a CPU throttling problem. I actually have no problems. I have 5 fans in my case(3 units at the front - 1 unit at the top - 1 unit for exhaust). All MOSFETs have copper heatsinks and extra small 7000rpm fans. In short, the inside of the safe is like ice. I have no problem with cooling. I just don't want to leave the processor settings in the bios to automatic. I was able to use the computer without shutting down for 1 week with the settings I have given below, without bsod, by trial and error method myself. I did the prime 95 test for 2 days non-stop. completely seamless. Is there something you see missing in my settings? How are my settings for 4ghz?

When I look with amd overdrive;
thermal margin
idle: 50 - 51.1
at load: 24.5 - 25

my bios settings
-------------------

-JUMPERFREE CONFiGURATiON-*

CPU OVERCLOCKiNG : MANUEL
CPU/HT REFERENCE CLOCK : 200
MEMORY CLOCK SPEED : AUTO
PCiE OVERCLOCKiNG : MANUEL
PCiE CLOCK : 100
-------------
CPU RATiO : x20
AMD TURBO CORE TECHNOLOGY : DiSABLED
CPU /NB FREQUENCY : 2200
CPU OVER VOLTAGE : 1.331250 VOLT
VDDNB OVER VOLTAGE : AUTO
LOADLiNE CALiBRATiON : AUTO
-------------
HTLiNK SPEED : 2200
HT OVER VOLTAGE : 1.20000 VOLT
-------------
- MEMORY OVER VOLTAGE : 1.50000 VOLT
-------------
- CHiPSET OVER VOLTAGE : 1.10000 VOLT
-------------
- PCi/PCiE CLK STATUS : ENABLED

*-CPU CONFiGURATiON-
GART ERROR REPORTiNG : DiSABLED
MiCRO CODE UPDATiON : ENABLE
SECURE ViRTUAL MACHiNE MODE : ENABLE
COOL "N" QUiET : DiSABLED
ADVANCED CLOCK CALiBRATiON : ALL CORES
UNLEASHiNG MODE : DiSABLED
ACTiVE CPU CORES : MANUEL
3RD & 4TH CORE : ON
5RD & 6TH CORE : ON
7RD & 8TH CORE : ON
VALUE (ALL CORES) : %0

-HW MONiTOR CONFiGURATiON-*

CPU Q-FAN FUNCTiON : ENABLED
CPU FAN SPEED LOWLiMiT : 600 RPM
CPU Q-FAN MODE : MANUEL
CPU UPPER TEMPERATURE : 80 C/176 F
CPU FAN MAX. DUTY CYCLE : 100%
CPU FAN MiN. DUTY CYCLE : 20%
I wouldn't OC on that motherboard, VRM is as poor as they get.
4GHz is not OC, I had one that went up to 5GHz.

Reactions: drea.drechsler

mtchannel

Prominent
May 24, 2022
@CountMike hello.
My goal is not to OC. I don't trust automatic settings. I set 4ghz on fixed setting. fx8350 vishera 4ghz is specified as stock - 4.2ghz turbo. Even though I turned off the turbo setting, when I watch the processor, 4.2 ghz comes out on load. so i have to adjust all settings manually. It currently plays between 3.97ghz-4ghz. Do you think there is a deficiency or excess in the settings manually to fix 4ghz?

Note: My goal is not to overclock or undervolt. is to fix the processor at 4ghz original stock setting.

mtchannel

Prominent
May 24, 2022
@mamasan2000 hello.
I will try the cooling system you suggested as an extra. Where you said you will add another 120mm fan. My goal is not to overclock or undervoltage. unfortunately, my motherboard or power supply is insufficient. So I decided to fix my fx8350 vishera processor at 4ghz. because even though the turbo setting is turned off, it does 4.2 ghz. Since my cooler is stock, the 4.2 ghz started to get very hot. I don't want to take risks. I'm going to buy a nice cooler soon.

@mamasan2000 hello.
I will try the cooling system you suggested as an extra. Where you said you will add another 120mm fan. My goal is not to overclock or undervoltage. unfortunately, my motherboard or power supply is insufficient. So I decided to fix my fx8350 vishera processor at 4ghz. because even though the turbo setting is turned off, it does 4.2 ghz. Since my cooler is stock, the 4.2 ghz started to get very hot. I don't want to take risks. I'm going to buy a nice cooler soon.
Running Windows ? Simplest way is to go to Control panel>Power options an set Maximum processor state to 99%, that would effectively limit it to Base speed and if you set Minimum CPU to let's say 5% it would throttle down (together with resulting voltage and heat reduction).

mtchannel

Prominent
May 24, 2022
Amd overdrive doesn't show the CPU voltage change I made in bios. It shows 1,375 constants. With which program can I see the voltage change settings I have made in the bios in Windows? .. I suspect the voltage change is not applied. cpu temp - hwinfo - aida64 tried. fixed showing 1,375

TRENDING THREADS