FX8350 VS i5 3570k(World of Warcraft )

alucardseres

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello this is Javier.

Alright so I am going to upgrade my processor soon. I feel like it is the weaker part of my system.

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb @ 3.5GHz(Current CPU)

My graphics card(Asus GTX 660 OC version 2gb GDDR5)

Now I feel that my CPU is bottlenecking my GPU. Regardless of that I am planning to get a new processor. That is for sure, but now onto an intersesting question. which is better specifically for gaming and then more specifically for World of Warcraft. I have this thing that in heavy aoe fights my FPS dips down pretty low. People are telling me its the CPU, others are telling me its AMD and I have too many outside sources my question here is which is better really for it ? Also, does anyone have a solution to not dipping from 104 to 19 fps ? Cause it happens only with that game. I have updated drivers and such so I was wondering if you all had any insight on it.

On a side note, I was wondering is that jump between i5 3570k and i7 3770k was so large ? Or is a i7 3770k too much or will bottleneck. Any comments you have to give me I will read them all to get some more insight on this. I have another thrree weeks to choose but I want to research and make an educated purchase.

Again Thank You for reading this massive post and I look forward to reading what you all have to say.

Its world of warcraft pick one lol wow only utilizes two cores, so the faster core performance are the better, so intel i5 would be good, or a bigger overclock on ur cpu. My friends 1090t and 670, gets slightly stress on huge fights, its more graphics, my crossfire 6770s, or 5850 get laggy on ultra with 40man sha, as its 40 ppl and all the other graphics.

In games there is no gain with the i7 from the i5. If you are only playing wow a bigger oc on ur phenom will suffice. but stock u may see more constant fps with the i5, the fx cpus are just catching the phenom ii series with single core performance so would not be an upgrade stricly for wow and single core performance. The fx excels in multithreaded games/apps that will utilize its 8 cores.

For only WoW I would not say its worth getting an i5 and a new board just because u get a fps drop in wow, same with the 8350 if ur current board wont take am3+