FYE Poster Advertises PS3 Price Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
So, if the slim will be $299 (thanks KMart!) WTF would I buy the older non-slim model for $299 as well? Has sone further crippled the PS3 again to make it less valuable through it's smalller and newer? Can someone get me some specs on both please so we can work out this pricing madness?

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
If you already have a gaming PC, buying a 360 makes very little sense. I used to own one but pretty much every game besides Gears2 and Halo3 was on PC. Eventually I sold my 360 and bought a PS3 and I couldn't be happier. My entire PS3 games library is PS3 exclusives and they are all top quality games (MGS4, Killzone 2, Uncharted, ...)

That said the 360 does scale better to 1080p, but my PS3 has Linux installed on it, as well as a harddrive full of my music and movies, plus a few blu-rays that I own

hallic7

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]AdamB5000[/nom]frist Can it play Crysis?[/citation]

Did an iphone exploted on your face last week???

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
@SneakySnake: Your reason is also the reason i never got a 360... Almost everything I play is an MMO, FPS, or RTS, and except for Halo, which I never bought into, damned near all of not only looks better and plays better on the PC, but the games are max $50 instead of $70-80 for the same titles.

The only reasons I don't already ahve a PS3 is I've been spending in other areas and we have not adapted into BlueRay yet, mostly because that would also mean I'd need an HDMI switch for the TV, which I've already comitted to simply replacing the TV in leiu of yet another device to confuse the wife... With the PS3 coming to $299, it;s looking more likely, but I'm still holding out for PS2 backward compatabiltyi to be added back in.... I will NOT buy a PS3 unless they put that back. (wireless N would be a plus too).

G

They need to get real with their pricing, especially when they offer an extra 80 GB for $100 more.

Get Real Sony!

Hard drive prices are so Damm cheap these days that you could probably give us TeraByte drives for the Extra $100 bucks.

If you did that, then you would probably see the game consoles flying off the shelves faster than you could produce them!

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]They need to get real with their pricing, especially when they offer an extra 80 GB for $100 more.Get Real Sony!Hard drive prices are so Damm cheap these days that you could probably give us TeraByte drives for the Extra $100 bucks.If you did that, then you would probably see the game consoles flying off the shelves faster than you could produce them![/citation]

True... but just don't forget that... that extra $100 not only add up the HD space but also includes the Uncharted (a great game)(listed $60 but on sale in amazon $30).... ;)

jecht

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]If you already have a gaming PC
, buying a 360 makes very little sense. I used to own one but pretty much every game besides Gears2 and Halo3 was on PC. Eventually I sold my 360 and bought a PS3 and I couldn't be happier. My entire PS3 games library is PS3 exclusives and they are all top quality games (MGS4, Killzone 2, Uncharted, ...)That said the 360 does scale better to 1080p, but my PS3 has Linux installed on it, as well as a harddrive full of my music and movies, plus a few blu-rays that I own[/citation]

I'm a PC gamer and I own a 360, but all I use it for is rock band lol

Status
Not open for further replies.