[SOLVED] G.skill 3600 mhz memory not working on ryzen 2700x + b450

Oct 26, 2021
I just recently bought a pair of G.skill 3600 mhx memory ( 2x16gb) that should run at 3600 mhz. I am having trouble getting these speeds and i am unaware of why really. I have a Msi b450 motherboard and a ryzen 2700x installed. I try so set the xmp profile, but the computer restarts a couple of times and then starts to run at 2133 mhz instead. Anyone know why i can't run at 3600mhz? Should i upgrade to a better cpu or is it the motherboard that is the problem?

Solution
Have tried both sticks with 1,37 volt at 3600mhz, but it did not work.

They are in slots 2 and 4 away from the motherboard( tried 1 and 3 but didn't work).
And yes i have the latest bios for the motherboard. I managed to load with 3333mhz but just got a lot of erros in windows and programs that i had running.
I have also test 1 stick in slot 2 or 4 at 3600mhz , but it still clocks itself down to 2133 mhz.

Where are you looking at DRAM Frequency? Are you sure it is live value and not profile info? Have you seen it change like when it loaded at DDR4-3333?

Each module should be able to work well on it's own, so first check that to see if both have the same maximum results. If they can work same and well separately, they should...
Oct 26, 2021

They are in slots 2 and 4 away from the motherboard( tried 1 and 3 but didn't work).
And yes i have the latest bios for the motherboard. I managed to load with 3333mhz but just got a lot of erros in windows and programs that i had running.
I have also test 1 stick in slot 2 or 4 at 3600mhz , but it still clocks itself down to 2133 mhz.

Where are you looking at DRAM Frequency? Are you sure it is live value and not profile info? Have you seen it change like when it loaded at DDR4-3333?

Each module should be able to work well on it's own, so first check that to see if both have the same maximum results. If they can work same and well separately, they should be fine together.

Solution

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
I ran into almost the same situation. I have a 2600x on b450 motherboard. You may not be able to reach 3600 with your integrated memory controller. After extensive reading and trial an error I was able to get 3533 C16 running stable. The key for my setup was the termination block and cad bus settings. I originally tried dram calculator settings but they actually weren't even that close to what I needed. Without playing with those settings 3466 was the highest I could go. Just keep lowering the frequency in the bios until you find what works for your setup. If you want to put the work into it, using Dram Calculator you can probably run 3466 or lower frequencies at cas 14 and outperform the xmp settings by a lot.