News G.Skill Achieves DDR5-10000 on Air Cooling

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
I love how these guys scour dozens of chips for special binned units, work with the manufacturer using a particular bios and board and whatever else assist they received.......

Cause I can do all of that this weekend.

DavidLejdar

Respectable
Sep 11, 2022
That's nice. Now if I could just get another RAM of theirs to work with AMD Expo...

Running F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5 on a X670E PG Lightning, it works fine with stock setting - and Windows (11) memory check tool didn't report any problem. But after turning on AMD Expo and rebooting, I got issues such as the first tab in browser crashing after I opened a second tab, and that followed shortly after with a blue screen saying: "Memory management".

I didn't run the full gauntlet of (blue screen) troubleshooting yet, for which I set aside some time tomorrow, in the hope that it may be possible to fix software-wise. But as is, not much use to high numbers, when they come with system instability, is there?

Memory overclocking is always a tricky thing as there are so many different things at play though I'd imagine most AMD chips should be perfectly stable at 6000. It's entirely possible that manually tuning the memory is what would be needed. If Expo timings are anything like many if the XMP timings they're poorly done in the first place. I'd suggest checking to see if any of the videos Buildzoid has done go over the basics for overclocking memory on AM5 (https://www.youtube.com/actuallyhardcoreoverclocking)

Reactions: thisisaname