[SOLVED] G.SKILL Aegis will work on ASUS Prime B360M-A?

Jul 2, 2020
Hello guys!
I want to buy a new ram, so I find it and has a good price(65$).
It will work on ASUS Prime B360M-A?

RAM what I want to buy:

G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16D-16GIS

Config:
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B360M-A
CPU: i5-9400F
Videocard: Sapphire Radeon RX5700 8G
PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power 11

If not, please recommend another RAM.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
QVL is just a list of RAM that was physically tested by the motherboard manufacturer and is only a list of such.

And they only typically test slightly higher tier RAM and don't bother testing bottom of the barrel budget RAM, but all they test for is if it will run at rated overclock speeds and timings (anything above 2400MHz is overclocked)

The RAM will work, but worst case scenario is that it won't run at speeds higher than 2400MHz but since this is an Asus board you should be fine cuz Asus has fantastic RAM compatibility, and G.Skill makes good RAM even on the budget end.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
QVL is just a list of RAM that was physically tested by the motherboard manufacturer and is only a list of such.

And they only typically test slightly higher tier RAM and don't bother testing bottom of the barrel budget RAM, but all they test for is if it will run at rated overclock speeds and timings (anything above 2400MHz is overclocked)

The RAM will work, but worst case scenario is that it won't run at speeds higher than 2400MHz but since this is an Asus board you should be fine cuz Asus has fantastic RAM compatibility, and G.Skill makes good RAM even on the budget end.

Solution
Jul 2, 2020

Aaah, okey.
Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS