G.Skill Announces Trident Z RGB DDR4-3333MHz 128GB (16GBx8) Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

t1022k

Honorable
Apr 4, 2017
I remember when 512mb was a nice amount of ram and 256mb was ok most of the time...holy hell 128gb is a lot of RAM.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I remember when RDR cost as much as a computer for only a little bit more ram.
128 GB isn't that big by today's standard. They are used in servers and workstations. It is unusual for a consumer machine with RGB lighting.

hannibal

Distinguished
I really wish companies would stop posting stuff like this without pricing information. What a wasted read.
You don't need that information, because it is clear. These Are expensive!
;)
One of the fastest and one of the biggest memory kits = expensive...
Interesting to see how Ryzen would like this speedy memory. Ryzen seems to love memory speed, so the faster, the better!

The RGB RAM modules actually look pretty cool, but a 128 GB set of them is absurd for almost any scenario where one would be using RGB lighting. For a gaming system, even 16GB should be more than enough for any games released in the next couple years. There is practically no use for 128GB of RAM in a home system right now, and I really don't think music-reactive rainbow lighting would be much of a priority for servers. Plus, a server, or any other professional system that might have use for so much RAM would likely be using ECC memory anyway. Even 64 GB is beyond excessive for a home system. What's the point of having so much memory if 75% of it will never be touched before the hardware is obsolete? The only reason I could see for anyone buying so much would be for bragging rights. But really though, it would probably be more impressive if they used the money to have their entire computer gold-plated or something. : P

KD_Gaming

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
As a side note expensive is only relative to how much a person makes. What's expensive to one of us could be pocket change to another person.

Also you peoplever fail to realize with this much ram you could easily use half as a ram drive drastically speeding up a program.
Also regular people make models at home and I could easily see this much ram getting used up when rendering if it was large enough.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Hey man, my first computer had 32MB of memory. THE FUTURE

I have maxed ram out in all my computers for the last 10 yrs. I do a lot of VM's so no reason not to. I just see no reason to post an article without pricing info unless you are worried someone else might let people know about the ram before you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.