Question G.Skill Ripjaw V F4-3000C16D-16GVRB with ryzen 5 3600 ?

Dec 9, 2019
I had a kit of ram :
G.Skill Ripjaw V F4-3000C16D-16GVRB, I just notice that it is "Intel xmp 2.0" ready, but I wanna build my gear with Ryzen.
So what I'm wondering is : Is my ram kit able to work with the following build:
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • B450 Tomahawk Max
Thank you

I had a kit of ram :
G.Skill Ripjaw V F4-3000C16D-16GVRB, I just notice that it is "Intel xmp 2.0" ready, but I wanna build my gear with Ryzen.
So what I'm wondering is : Is my ram kit able to work with the following build:
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • B450 Tomahawk Max
Thank you
I have used that model on ASRock AB350 and Gigabyte x370 and it worked at advertised speed.
On G.Skill website it states that it have been tested on several MSI motherboards also...so you have a good chance.

Dec 9, 2019
I have used that model on ASRock AB350 and Gigabyte x370 and it worked at advertised speed.
On G.Skill website it states that it have been tested on several MSI motherboards also...so you have a good chance.
but some folks said that It would be problem when use the kits with ryzen 3600 since it has been enable for intel xmp. I'm so confuse, Which cpu did you used with the ram kit ?

but some folks said that It would be problem when use the kits with ryzen 3600 since it has been enable for intel xmp. I'm so confuse, Which cpu did you used with the ram kit ?
I have used with Ryzen 1600 and 2600 CPUs.
At the beginning RAM was a little finicky with Ryzen but things have improved with new boards and BIOS updates.
By the way, no one can guarantee 100% that any RAM will work with any motherboard, without testing that specific model.
I have installed RAM that was "tested" to work in a motherboard model but it did not.
Did the folks that said it will be a problem have the same motherboard, BIOS version and CPU as you have?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I just notice that it is "Intel xmp 2.0" ready
Intel developed the XMP standard, which is why it says that, but that doesn't mean AMD doesn't support it. For instance, G.Skill has the Flare X line which is specifically marketed as being designed for Ryzen, but it's still "Intel XMP 2.0"
https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/170/1535961634/F4-3200C14D-16GFX-Specification

So no reason to be concerned. A Ryzen 3600 should have no problem running 3000 MHz RAM.

Reactions: jojesa