G.Skill Ripjaws V Series

Nuttybuckethead

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Hello, I am planning to purchase the G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400, and I have an Asus Z170A motherboard, I was wondering will I have enough RAM Clearance for my CM Hyper 212 EVO? I heard there are Clearance issues with this cooler.

Solution
They will be fine with the 212 EVO, pop the fan and just raise it it a bit, there's no adverse effect to cooling, I've run taller DRAM thatn the RJ Vs with an EVO, nothing to it ;)

Nuttybuckethead

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I will have no more money to spend on that kind of RAM. Can you confirm that If I were to put my RAM in the 2nd and 4th RAM slots then that would be fine? Or If I were to mount the cooler fan on the other side?

What are you talking about? You just said you were planning to buy RAM, and now you're saying you already have it?
Even in the second slot there will still be issues, you'll have to move the fan to the other side.
Please be open with the truth next time.

Nuttybuckethead

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

My apologies, my wording was off. I was trying to make it out that IF I had the RAM. I do not have any RAM as of now, but I am planning to order it when I have enough money for the one that I posted. Thank you for your answer

TRENDING THREADS