G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 Ram on Ryzen 7 Build?

jason_villada

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
I am building a Ryzen 7 pc with

The issue I have is I'm not sure what ram to go for...
The ram I really want is the G.skill, however, I've heard that am4 destroys the ram. but everything is about 7-10 months old and I'm unsure if this issue has been fixed this issue.

Has anyone been successful in using this ram with AMD4 builds?

Build
CPU: Ryzen AM4 1800X
CPU Cooler: Nzxt Kraken 240mm cooler
GPU: GTX 1070 MSI Gaming X Edition
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 Ram or Corsair Dominator 16GB DDR4 Ram
PCU: Corsair RMI 850X
Board: Asus ROG STRIX X370-F or ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Solution
"....destroys RAM..." is a bit misleading in any way it is said or typed. "False", literally. "Likes fast RAM" is more accurate.

I think you would find 10s of 1,000s of people use that RAM. I opted for the G.Skill Flare-X 3200 myself and it's been perfect. If that RAM is on your ASUS compatibility list, then it will work. The faster it is, the happier Ryzen is.

Ditt44

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
"....destroys RAM..." is a bit misleading in any way it is said or typed. "False", literally. "Likes fast RAM" is more accurate.

I think you would find 10s of 1,000s of people use that RAM. I opted for the G.Skill Flare-X 3200 myself and it's been perfect. If that RAM is on your ASUS compatibility list, then it will work. The faster it is, the happier Ryzen is.

Solution

jason_villada

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015

oh cool! its just I saw lots of reviews on youtube with people using the G.Skill Trident Z ram and then they said next day there ram no longer worked and it has re-written something on the ram making it unusable but all the vids where 5-7 months old.

im glad it likes fast ram! the board im getting is the ASUS AMD AM4 Ryzen CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 ATX Motherboard.

This is the specs on the memery that the board can take
.....................................................................................
RAM Memory Support
Memory Type DDR4
Memory Channel Dual (2)
Memory Type (ECC) Non-ECC
Memory Type (R/U) UDIMM (Unbuffered)
Memory Speed (Mhz)
DDR4 - 2133
DDR4 - 2400
DDR4 - 2666
DDR4 - 2933(OC)
DDR4 - 3200(OC)
Max. Memory Capacity 64GB (4x16GB)
....................................................................................

Doese this mean I can use the G.Skill Trident Z? or will I need the x edition specially made for AMD?