[SOLVED] G Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz not stable need help

zombiesoul

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Intel i9 9900k
Asrock Z390 phantom gaming sli/ac
Gskill trident z 3000mhz 16 gb dual
Corsair RM 850x
So heres my problem, XMP does not work or boot, I tried manual and auto timings @ 2933mhz because 3000 doesn't boot at all, along with raising the voltage to 1.4 from 1.35 because UEFIonly goes up by .05.Also the VICCIO voltage seem to make it worse,
Turning off advance setting: asrock timing optimization, and realtime memory timing, mrc fast boot,
I used prime 95 and memtest86 for testing and fails prime 95 with anything past default which is 2133mhz.

update1:So I tried repositioning the kit from A1,B1 to A2,B2 and it didnt boot it just kept beeping, when I put them back to th original position they felt off I am not 100 percent sure but I might of not had them properly installed. I will test them now with prime and the game that crashed most often.I will feel stupid if it was but at the same time I hope it was that simple and not have to go thru more trouble.
Update2: After reposition 2933mhz did not pass prime 95 stresstest, 3000mhz did not boot at all but 2800mhz passed for about an hour and had no game or application crashes. so that is a big step up. I do believe I had the kit badly placed but I dont want to get ahead of myself.
Update3: So I have a whole set of issues with running at 2933mhz, its like my cpu doesn't read the overclock anymore and stays at 4.7ghz, but everything at 2800mhz seemed perfect so I am good with that. I am gonna call it ends.

Last edited:
Solution
update1:So I tried repositioning the kit from A1,B1 to A2,B2 and it didnt boot it just kept beeping, when I put them back to th original position they felt off I am not 100 percent sure but I might of not had them properly installed. I will test them now with prime and the game that crashed most often.I will feel stupid if it was but at the same time I hope it was that simple and not have to go thru more trouble.
Update2: After reposition 2933mhz did not pass prime 95 stresstest, 3000mhz did not boot at all but 2800mhz passed for about an hour and had no game or application crashes. so that is a big step up. I do believe I had the kit badly placed but I dont want to get ahead of myself.
Update3: So I have a whole set of issues with...

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You might want to try with relaxed timings, if you're going manual with DDR4-3200MHz at 1.35v. Speaking of which,. what voltages are shown up when you're in X.M.P? Could you pass on a link to the ram kit?

zombiesoul

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You might want to try with relaxed timings, if you're going manual with DDR4-3200MHz at 1.35v. Speaking of which,. what voltages are shown up when you're in X.M.P? Could you pass on a link to the ram kit?
Bios is updated, and the xmp shows 1.35v for the 3000mhz but since the motherboard itself doesn't specify the 3000mhz I am aiming for 2933mhz. and I am not sure what relaxed timings are but I have tried auto timings along with manually typing in the xmp specified timings,also raising them towards where they meet the automatic timings provided by the motherboard.
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb...VBNvACh0F_glREAQYASABEgKh3_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

zombiesoul

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
memtest86 is probably error free. I've had this before with overclocking DRAM, it'll pass memtest86 quite easily but Prime95/OCCT will fail.

OP, try disabling Multi Core Enhancement. If that doesn't work, try bumping up the CPU core voltage a few notches.
I have MCE disabled for the most part of the cpu overclock, and as for the cpu voltage I have it on auto with the level 4 Load line calibration which did very well when just overclocking the cpu. also when its needed the LLC shoots voltage up to 1.41 in prime95 test, which is scary so I wont go any higher.

Last edited:

zombiesoul

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Update3: So I have a whole set of issues with running at 2933mhz, its like my cpu doesn't read the overclock anymore and stays at 4.7ghz, but everything at 2800mhz seemed perfect so I am good with that. I am gonna call it ends.

Solution