Question G skill trident z neo can't control rgb colors

Jan 27, 2020
Hello i have G skill trident z neo, i can't put static colors like blue,red, only rainbow and wave and someothers,

if i put static color RAM light will go off

darxtorm

Reputable
Nov 20, 2016
I have this exact issue right now. I can set effects like rainbow, cycle, breathing, but if i define static colours the ram stick lights just turn off. This is when using the G-Skill Lighting software.

With ASUS AURA, which worked for a day or two but now doesn't, all the ram goes dark as soon as i click sync.

Unsynced and uncontrolled it does its pretty default rainbow cycle, so the lights are working fine, it seems to be more of an issue of trying to define custom stuff. It previously WAS working and I had a great custom pattern for a little over a day and then it abruptly stopped. Is there a way to 'factory restore' the RGB on my RAM?

Windows 10 w/ latest updates and stuff
MOTHERBOARD : ASROCK X570 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU : AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
GRAPHICS CARD: ASUS DUAL GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER (Model DUAL-RTX2080S-O8G-EVO)
MEMORY (RAM) : 32GB (4x 8GB) G-Skill Trident F4-3600C18-8GTZN

Sep 2, 2019
wauw ! i just reinstalled win10 again and now all my lighting is working, also the breathing light mode !

you need to install win 10 again, and chipset drivers etc...

then it will work again !

SOLVED !!

Sep 2, 2019
I have this exact issue right now. I can set effects like rainbow, cycle, breathing, but if i define static colours the ram stick lights just turn off. This is when using the G-Skill Lighting software.

With ASUS AURA, which worked for a day or two but now doesn't, all the ram goes dark as soon as i click sync.

Unsynced and uncontrolled it does its pretty default rainbow cycle, so the lights are working fine, it seems to be more of an issue of trying to define custom stuff. It previously WAS working and I had a great custom pattern for a little over a day and then it abruptly stopped. Is there a way to 'factory restore' the RGB on my RAM?

Windows 10 w/ latest updates and stuff
MOTHERBOARD : ASROCK X570 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU : AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
GRAPHICS CARD: ASUS DUAL GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER (Model DUAL-RTX2080S-O8G-EVO)
MEMORY (RAM) : 32GB (4x 8GB) G-Skill Trident F4-3600C18-8GTZN

wauw ! i just reinstalled win10 again and now all my lighting is working, also the breathing light mode !

SOLVED !!

Sep 2, 2019
Hello i have G skill trident z neo, i can't put static colors like blue,red, only rainbow and wave and someothers,

if i put static color RAM light will go off

SOLVED !!