Question G.Skill Trident Z on MSI x570

msangel

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
Hi guys!

Do you think G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZR memory is compatible with MSI x570 motherboard? Will it fully utilize the 3200mhz speed out of the box? I read some post that if the memory is not included in the QVL list, there is a high chance that it will only utilize around 2000mhz at most. Is this correct?

I purchased first the memory stick before the motherboard that's why I was not able to check its compatibility before buying. I thought that only RAM speed matters.

Sorry, a bit newbie in terms of pc component compatibility.

Thanks in advance!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I read some post that if the memory is not included in the QVL list, there is a high chance that it will only utilize around 2000mhz at most. Is this correct?
I would completely disagree with this. If it isn't on the QVL, it usually just means it hasn't been tested. There are so many RAM modules released, it's practically impossible for MB manufacturers to test every one and publish accordingly.

Realistically, the only real way to know if it is compatible is by trying. Typically if you stick to it being the correct type of RAM for your system (DDR type, Pins, Speed etc.) and don't mix modules, then you're usually fine.

I purchased first the memory stick before the motherboard that's why I was not able to check its compatibility before buying. I thought that only RAM speed matters.
When you say first memory stick, do you mean you have purchased different RAM modules seperately?

Last edited:

msangel

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
I would completely disagree with this. If it isn't on the QVL, it usually just means it hasn't been tested. There are so many RAM modules released, it's practically impossible for MB manufacturers to test everyone and publish accordingly.

Realistically, the only real way to know if it is compatible is by trying. Typically if you stick to it being the correct type of RAM for your system (DDR type, Pins, Speed etc.) and don't mix modules, then you're usually fine.

When you say first memory stick, do you mean you have purchased different RAM modules seperately?

Hi! Thanks for responding. And sorry for the confusion.

What I mean is that I bought the memory first before the motherboard. I am just worried that my hard-earned budget will be put to waste due to incompatibility issues :)

Have a nice day!

Reactions: PC Tailor