[SOLVED] G.Skill Trident Z or Hyper X Predator?

Feb 5, 2020
I want to upgrade my ram but don't know which to get. My CPU is an i7 6700 with a Gigabyte Z170-HD3 mobo. Which would be better of the two?
Trident Z (2x8GB) 3000mhz or
Predator (2x8GB) 3200mhz

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd ask you to look for DDR4-3200MHz ram kits and namely the ones made by G.Skill are forgiving when you want to tighten the timings. Other brands tend to need higher voltages when overclocked or when tightening the timings.

Also, make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS prior to a ram upgrade + Please don't mix and match ram kits.

Are those the only two options you have at your disposal?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd ask you to look for DDR4-3200MHz ram kits and namely the ones made by G.Skill are forgiving when you want to tighten the timings. Other brands tend to need higher voltages when overclocked or when tightening the timings.

Also, make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS prior to a ram upgrade + Please don't mix and match ram kits.

Are those the only two options you have at your disposal?

Solution
Feb 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply! To be honest, I don't know much about memory sticks but I've got a budget of about £100 for 2x8gb sticks. I mainly chose those ones because they've got rgb options. If you've got any other suggestions that would be greatly appreciated! (preferably with rgb haha)