G.Skill Trident Z RGB not running at 3200mhz, no XMP Profile in BIOS either.

luc4m4rio

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hello guys, so recently I've built my gaming PC and the RAM I'm using is the G.Skill Trident Z RGB, dual channel 16GB. On the box and in the specs it says it can run at 3200mhz, but when settings it manually at 3200 in the BIOS my PC gives me a blue screen at startup. I also tried enabling XMP but I cannot find XMP in the BIOS at all, I've checked everywhere. My motherboard is Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming. And my CPU is a Ryzen 7 2700x. Any idea why I cant run my RAM at 3200mhz or find XMP?
Thanks!

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
Either way, I don't see the G.Skill brand listed at all as supported on the QVL list for that board in the DDR4 3200 range. You will likely have to exchange that kit for an approved/supported RAM kit for that board's QVL; while doing so, ensure that the new kit you get matches the Part No on the QVL list so that you can avoid getting another kit that isn't supported by the board.

When you get your new RAM installed, I'd also suggest updating the BIOS if you haven't already. Newest BIOS on the Asus site was published 9/21/18.