[SOLVED] G.skill Trident Z Rgb or Neo

Hello guys , i currently looking to buy a 32Gb (2x16gb) 3600mhz cl16 kit of ram for my Ryzen 7 3700X. I ended looking these two F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC , F4-3600C16D-32GTZRC the first one is from Neo lineup and the second one from trident z rgb. The main specs seems the same but the Neo cost 40€ more. Is any reason to spend that extra 40€ for the neo kit?

The Neo are supposed to be “AMD Optimized” for 3000 series Ryzens.
G.skillTrident Z Neo
Does this mean the non Neo kit wont work at 3600mhz or have any problem? I already have a really cheap X370 motherboard that can go up to 3200(OC) with 1st and 2nd gen ryzen and there is no QVL at all from gigabyte for 3rd gen and have some problems with boot so i prefer to invest that extra 40€ difference to a new X570 motherboard.

The best way to verify support for your board if you want to use G.Skill memory is to use their RAM Configurator.
Well, at the moment i have 2x8gb 3200mhz gskill ripjaws and based on the gskill ram configurator its not included but it runs fine. I guess i will just go for the cheaper one i will give it a try with the X370 and if i have problems i guess i will go for a new motherboard.

UPDATE: so the price difference drop at 20€ difference i went and buy the Neo kit with the hope that is amd optimized and maybe will work with my X370 Gaming k5. Installed it enabled XMP and works at 3600Mhz without any problem even if the mobo say it can go until 3200Mhz(OC) it seems with a 3rd gen ryzen is possible to go above that.

Last edited: