G skill Trident Z Rgb Performing way below expectations

Sep 20, 2018
I got a system with R7 1700x ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING And two stick Tridentz Ram 3000 2x8gb . When i run userbenchmark i got great performance for all of my component but not my Ram . I got the result of 'Performing way below expectations' So any solution ?

Solution
With your build, a 500w PSU is more than enough (Even with 1080Ti). So yes you will be able to overclock everything in your PC and still be more than fine. Plus, overclocking RAM doesn't take much at all. So you're safe.
Download CPU Z or MSI Afterburner, and check at what speeds your RAM is running at and also check their behavior/performance overall.

It could be that your RAM haven't been properly overclocked yet meaning they're still either at 2133Mhz or 2400/2666Mhz depending on motherboards. In which case you need to jump into your motherboard BIOS and manually set your RAM speed to 3200Mhz and set the voltage to 1.35v.

Run the tests again and you will get good results.

If all of this fails, check your motherboard's QVL list on the manufacturer's official website. It could be that your RAM of choice is not in that QVL list, in which case there's nothing you can do. You simply bought RAM that wasn't the best for this motherboard but still works fine.