[SOLVED] G.Skill Trident Z Rgb vs Corsair Dominator Platinum Rgb

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Hello, I was planning to buy the Trident z rgb 16Gb 3200mhz for the pc I am planning to build, but today I saw the Dominator Platinum Rgb 16Gb 3200mhz. So, despite the lighting effects and generally the aesthetics, which is better??? On my country, the trident z rgb costs now about 105- 110€ (although sometimes it may cost 140€) and the Dominator costs 115€ (but there are no reviews). Which would you recommend me?

Solution
Marginal at best but again if you are planning to overclock ryzen loves tighter timings like cl 14 over cl 16 for the extra 200mhz is so negligible but what you would probably be winning at after you overclock is to still have the tighter timings that work better for the infinity fabric design of the ryzen cpus. Below is a pretty nifty program to show you the way you could overclock the rams just make sure you select the correct types in each category b4 applying and there are plenty of how to use Dram Calculators youtube videos. Best bet is still and always will b that B-die after using the calculator myself and inputting at least the B-die one hitting advanced showed me you could still probably hit 3674 at cl 14 though that...

dphotog

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
What platform are you planning on using this for. Is the CL latency the same? Based on price that very well maybe.if you plan on over clocking your best bet is b-die ram. There are places you can search to find if it's b-die. If they are the same it's pretty much what you have to ask yourself does one have better heat sinks than the other and which one has a better reputable name. Dominators and G.skill for the most part are good sticks and should perform well if you get either. To me it's more about comestics does that matter to you.

Reactions: ioannis2015v

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Ok, thanks. To tell you the truth, I am confused with all these information about rams. So I am planning to go for trident z rgb. But I hαve 1 more question for trident z. Since I have a budget set for ram, I can't go for trident z rgb 16gb 3200mhz cl14 which costs 170€. So I have to choose between the 3200mhz cl16 (100-110€) and the 3000mhz cl14 (130€). Which is better??? (I am going to use a ryzen 2700 and an x470 mobo. Also I would like the ram to be synchronised in at least 3000mhz (if possible)).

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Ok, thanks for your response. If only you could answer yo me 1 more question: What is better to buy: Trident z rgb 3200mhz cl16 (not b-die) which costs 105€ or Trident z rgb 3000mhz cl14 (b-die) which costs 130€. Both are 16gb of course. Cpu will be probably ryzen 7 2700 and mobo Msi x470 gaming pro carbon. Is it worth 25€ but with a bit lower frequency (-200mhz)?

dphotog

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Marginal at best but again if you are planning to overclock ryzen loves tighter timings like cl 14 over cl 16 for the extra 200mhz is so negligible but what you would probably be winning at after you overclock is to still have the tighter timings that work better for the infinity fabric design of the ryzen cpus. Below is a pretty nifty program to show you the way you could overclock the rams just make sure you select the correct types in each category b4 applying and there are plenty of how to use Dram Calculators youtube videos. Best bet is still and always will b that B-die after using the calculator myself and inputting at least the B-die one hitting advanced showed me you could still probably hit 3674 at cl 14 though that number might come down a bit because its x470+2700x so it maybe more like 3555 cl 15 after overclocking. according to the calculations you could also hit 3000 cl 12 but under 1.5 volt extreme settings in the calculator. All in all i think its marginal it just depends on how much your willing to take the time if u want to overclock or just insert and have fun.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...-5-1-release-overclocking-dram-on-am4.422224/

Ok, thanks for your response. If only you could answer yo me 1 more question: What is better to buy: Trident z rgb 3200mhz cl16 (not b-die) which costs 105€ or Trident z rgb 3000mhz cl14 (b-die) which costs 130€. Both are 16gb of course. Cpu will be probably ryzen 7 2700 and mobo Msi x470 gaming pro carbon. Is it worth 25€ but with a bit lower frequency (-200mhz)?

Solution
Jul 24, 2020
Marginal at best but again if you are planning to overclock ryzen loves tighter timings like cl 14 over cl 16 for the extra 200mhz is so negligible but what you would probably be winning at after you overclock is to still have the tighter timings that work better for the infinity fabric design of the ryzen cpus. Below is a pretty nifty program to show you the way you could overclock the rams just make sure you select the correct types in each category b4 applying and there are plenty of how to use Dram Calculators youtube videos. Best bet is still and always will b that B-die after using the calculator myself and inputting at least the B-die one hitting advanced showed me you could still probably hit 3674 at cl 14 though that number might come down a bit because its x470+2700x so it maybe more like 3555 cl 15 after overclocking. according to the calculations you could also hit 3000 cl 12 but under 1.5 volt extreme settings in the calculator. All in all i think its marginal it just depends on how much your willing to take the time if u want to overclock or just insert and have fun.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...-5-1-release-overclocking-dram-on-am4.422224/

Bro, use a few more commas and periods. That was horrendous to read.

TRENDING THREADS