• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

G.Skill TridentX DDR3 Memory Overclocked to 3,900 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estix

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
[citation][nom]Jedi Mind Trick[/nom]120*C with LN2???? I wonder how hot it would be with normal cooling solutions...[/citation]
Well, most solder starts to melt around 180C, so I can't imagine anything past that.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Still, as always impractical. Just because you can load 600 people in astronaut suits onto a super jet and fly above the normal ceiling does not mean you should. But hey, it could be done.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jemm[/nom]I also had seen that is -120°C -- anyway at that speed I am not surprised that they had to set the latencies very high.[/citation]
Not really that high considering the speed. i think 2400MHz RAM sticks have CAS @ at around 11.

bawchicawawa

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Still, as always impractical. Just because you can load 600 people in astronaut suits onto a super jet and fly above the normal ceiling does not mean you should. But hey, it could be done.[/citation]

It's about testing the limits and pushing the boundaries.

I fkn hate people like you.

Tom's it's just one paragraph and a few other sentences. Couldn't you go at least that far without several mistakes in the *article*?

[citation][nom]jemm[/nom]I also had seen that is -120°C -- anyway at that speed I am not surprised that they had to set the latencies very high.[/citation]

At 14-14-14-36 T2, it's still extremely low latency for system RAM with such a high frequency as 3.9GHz effective.

EDIT: For perspective on this, a timing of 14 at almost 4GHz effective is a little worse than a timing of 5.5 at effective 1.6GHz. 36 (in the same comparison) is about equal to 15.

It's not the fastest RAM, not even close. It is probably the fastest DDR3 module record, but that's not the same as being the fastest RAM like being the fastest house cat isn't the same as being the fastest cheetah.

jemm

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010

You guys make me feel a lot less conservative! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS