G.Skill TridentX DDR3 Memory Overclocked to 3,900 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estix

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
[citation][nom]Jedi Mind Trick[/nom]120*C with LN2???? I wonder how hot it would be with normal cooling solutions...[/citation]
Well, most solder starts to melt around 180C, so I can't imagine anything past that.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Still, as always impractical. Just because you can load 600 people in astronaut suits onto a super jet and fly above the normal ceiling does not mean you should. But hey, it could be done.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jemm[/nom]I also had seen that is -120°C -- anyway at that speed I am not surprised that they had to set the latencies very high.[/citation]
Not really that high considering the speed. i think 2400MHz RAM sticks have CAS @ at around 11.

bawchicawawa

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Still, as always impractical. Just because you can load 600 people in astronaut suits onto a super jet and fly above the normal ceiling does not mean you should. But hey, it could be done.[/citation]

It's about testing the limits and pushing the boundaries.

I fkn hate people like you.

Tom's it's just one paragraph and a few other sentences. Couldn't you go at least that far without several mistakes in the *article*?

[citation][nom]jemm[/nom]I also had seen that is -120°C -- anyway at that speed I am not surprised that they had to set the latencies very high.[/citation]

At 14-14-14-36 T2, it's still extremely low latency for system RAM with such a high frequency as 3.9GHz effective.

EDIT: For perspective on this, a timing of 14 at almost 4GHz effective is a little worse than a timing of 5.5 at effective 1.6GHz. 36 (in the same comparison) is about equal to 15.

jemm

Distinguished

You guys make me feel a lot less conservative! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.