Question G.skill tridentz royal 3600 mhz 32gb x4 on asus rog crosshair VII hero wifi

Apr 30, 2019
I am new to the highend pc well high end to me at least pc overclocking and my issue is I have a stable overclock of 4.2 on my 2700x but but memory will not overclock to 3600mhz or even close to that while running 32gb now if I remove a kit and run 3600mhz it will run but very unstable with game crashes and what not but if I sail it down to 3400 mhz with one kit I'm golden I guess what I'm asking is am I stuck at using one kit or even worse stuck using both kits at 32gb 2133 mhz? Any help would be appreciated please be gentle I'm totally new to this and I'm learning
Asus Rog Crosshair VII hero wifi
Ryzen 7 2700x 4.2ghz
G.skill trident z royal 3600mhz 32gb
Aorus xtreme Rtx 2080 8gb
1tb Samsung 970 pro
Ekwb extreme liquid cooling to cpu and gpu
Evga 850watt psu
Any other info needed please let me. Know I will do my best to get it thank you again for any help

BringerOfTea

Reputable
alas, the speed that it stated is just what it has been tested to achieve on some sort of benchmark. Oft you would on the Ryzen settle for a bit less in order to get it stable. But 200 MHz ram speed difference is negligible.

You could try to go for a set which has, for example, less bling factor and more performance factor

I have the same μP, and did a bit of reading before selecting memory.

What I ended-up going with was their RipJaws series memory, with the Samsung B-die chips. It was more expensive, and I don't plan on OCing, but I tend to build a system that will have few to no problems over the lifetime I am going to expect from it.

I have no doubt that, if I was inclined to push the memory speeds, what I selected would be more amenable to it; but I just don't see any reason to do it, since I expect my build to last 10 years, on average.

BringerOfTea

Reputable
alas, the speed that it stated is just what it has been tested to achieve on some sort of benchmark. Oft you would on the Ryzen settle for a bit less in order to get it stable. But 200 MHz ram speed difference is negligible.
Back to your crypt with you, Yorick. I will brook the imposition of no culture upon my person!

Do not catch the reference, but still enjoyed it :D

Your comments indicate that you bought two kits.

Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
That is why ram vendors will NOT support ram that is not bought in one kit.
It is safer to get what you need in one kit.
But, it is a bit more expensive because of the added matching of all the sticks to insure compatibility.

You can try increasing ram voltage in the bios, sometimes that works.

Past that, it would appear that 64gb is the maximum ram capacity supported:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119097

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
gheofelt is 100% right.
If they weren't bought as a 4 stick kit they are NOT guaranteed to all work together at the stated OC speed.

I would try them at 3200 MHz with the RAM voltage bumped up to +.01 or +.02V and see if that works.
If not try to step down the speed one speed setting (3000 … 2933 … 2666 … etc.) at a time until they are stable.